Breastfeeding
Options

If you BF during pregnancy

When did you notice your supply start to change?  Was it immediate or later on?  I've heard that your supply will start to change at 2nd tri, but I'm 14 weeks and haven't noticed DS acting any differently yet.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you BF during pregnancy

• Options

I'm right behind you at 13.5 weeks. I haven't noticed a drop in supply but to be honest, I've wondered how I would even know.  I know DS gets milk because it'll still dribble out the side of his mouth when he unlatches, but if my supply was still there but diminished, I'm not sure how I would know.

I do think DS may be starting to wean as he's showing less interest than he used to in his morning nursing session, but I don't know if it has to do with the pregnancy or just coincidence.

Sorry, I don't have any answers obviously...just rambling!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    Mine dropped during the first trimester about 10 or 12 weeks.   It wasn't a big deal because DS was only nursing 3 to 4 times a day and eating 3 meals a day plus snacks.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine hasn't and I'm 28w. In first tri DDsaid it tasted like eggs. Around 16w it changed to colostrum and she said it tasted / still tastes like cupcakes.
  • Options
    I breastfed all through the pregnancy and am now tandem nursing. I never noticed a change in supply and my son never mentioned anything or acted differently. I think it's different for everyone but that there are particular points that are more likely transitions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm nursing while pregnant, too, but am behind you time wise. I haven't noticed any change except my nipples hurt like hell for the first thirty seconds after he first latches on. I have a friend who nurses while pregnant for a little while, but I think she noticed changes by the point that you are at now and had to quit. I say keep going as long as you can and as long as you want too. 

Are you getting family pressure to stop? We are on vaca now with family and they asked if my son was still nursing and had PLENTY to say about it...unsolicited of course. One claimed I was doing it for myself, not my son, and I wanted to say, "Do you have any idea how much the latch on hurts?" ugh 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"