Parenting

Saturday Plans?

So, what is everyone up to this Saturday morning?  Anything fun planned?

I have my first ever behind-the-wheel driving lesson and I'm terrified (no, I'm not 16; I just never needed a license before).  After that, off to do some work on our new house.  Meanwhile, I'll be (1) trying to keep my baby from melting and (2) hoping that we're able to dodge the storm bullet twice and not have our power off for a significant amount of time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Saturday Plans?

• Going mountain biking :-)
    "Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today's a busy day: We're cleaning the basement (trashed from insane hoarding children), doing laundry, having a "class reunion" party at a park with my daughter (to which only 2 people have RSVPd), having swim lessons, grading a bunch of comp essays, and passing out from exhaustion. . . 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm apparently getting the kids' pictures taken.

My mom randomly called me yesterday and was like "We should take the kids [my kids and my 2 sisters] to get pictures done. Call and see if they have openings tomorrow." 

So yeah at 3 my mom and I are taking them all for pictures...

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • imageEllaHella:
    Storm clean up. We were hit hard but strong storms overnight. We have a ton of tree debris. The tot lot/park took a hard hit. 

Where in NoVA are you?  We're in Arlington (near Shirlington), but our new place is in Alexandria (Rosemont area).  We haven't been out there to see the damage yet.

Hope the clean up is easier than you think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

• We don't have much planned. DH and DS are at the grocery store right now. :) I just plan on cleaning/doing laundry/etc. in the morning. In the afternoon DS has a haircut at a place that has an indoor play area, so we'll stay there for a little bit. If it's not ungodly hot (fat chance) we'll hit up the park.
  • I have a hair appt at noon and then we are going to the river. It's DD's first trip so it should be interesting! We got her one of those tubie floaty thingies for her to hang out in LOL 

Right now, H is sleeping of the teething hell from last night and E and I are watching The Backyardigans.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • DH is gone today at some golf shenanigans.  I'm taking P for her first swim lesson, hopefully doing laundry, and a lil' cleaning. 
  • Off to a baby shower for one of my good friends from college. There are 4 of us that became good friends, and 3 are pregnant!

This has definitely induced a serious case of baby fever.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am working my last Saturday ever! From this day forward I will be here to bug you gals all day long on the weekends!
  • DD is with her dad today so I did my 4 mile walk on the treadmill, will do a little shopping and maybe get a massage. Have a great weekend ladies!!!
  • We went to the farmers market this morning. It kinda sucked today-- but we made a profit of $122, so I won't complain too much Wink
    The best we've ever done was around $550. 
    It was friggin hot. 

So we're home now, and we just ate lunch.
    I'm going to try to get Abigail to take a nap.

Then we're changing clothes, and going panning for gold again. 
    I can't wait to get into that cool mountain water, out of this 100+ degree weather. 

We took everything out of the greenhouse so we could turn off the fan and save energy. DH checked the thermometer to see how hot it was, but the thermometer pegs out at 120, so we don't really know how hot it gets. Some of our plastic inserts are melting, so it's pretty darn hot.

When we're done panning, we're going grocery shopping. Finally. I need more vegan cheddar cheese and dairy/gluten/peanut free chocolate chips. And some rice milk. And some cereal. And rice crackers. And rice cakes. And margarine. And hopefully some fresh fish.
  • I am cleaning the house and being bored while DH goes to a bachelor party.  We have a houseful of guests coming Monday and I am freaking that my standards of house cleaning are not up to par.  I am doing crazy shiit like taking all the silverware out of the drawers and scrubbing the trays.  Usually stuff like that only gets done when I move.  I have decided I need out of town guests every few months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I cleaned the house this morning while H did yard work.  Now DD is finally taking a nap and we are being lazy, watching TV and bump/fb'ing.  We lead such exciting lives. 

• I am going to a dinner a bit later.  Maybe a little cleaning.  Nothing too exciting.
  • It's my hubby's bday so it's a lazy day. He's playing on his pc and I'm watching Olympic gymnastic trials from last night and gaming. (and bumping of course!)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My parents watched the kids so my husband and I could go out for a belated anniversary lunch. Now the older 2 are in bed and DH is napping on the couch with DD2 on his chest. I'm enjoying the peace. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"