Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Thrush?

Hi ladies!

I'm needing some advice/previous experience with thrush...

Over the past week my little guy has a rash on his butt - I have been assuming it was normal diaper rash. It's reddish pink, and when I put ointment on it it feels slightly raised. I thought it could be due to constant rubbing with wipes, so I've been very gentle and wiping as little as possible - and also drying him with a clean towel  at every change.
But now, I have a feeling it could be thrush because it went away and came back after about two days - He doesn't seem to have any white patches in his mouth, but a little white film far back on his tongue.. it looks more like "milk tongue" but it could possibly be yeast?
And now I have been having some odd symptoms as well (I breastfeed mostly and supplement a bit at night) My nipples/areolas aren't necessarily sore, but more so irritated after breastfeeding. I'm not having any pain during the feeds, just after/in between a little bit. And occasionally, I have a radiating/sharp pain in my boobs, but like I said, it isn't constant. 

Are these symptoms of thrush? I'm just confused because the symptoms are so minimal.
Also, has anyone's doctor just called in a prescription for treatment? I was just at the doctor this past week, and would hate to re-pay our co-pay if the doctor will just call it in for us. 

TIA!

Re: Thrush?

• I was thinking I had it too. I keep getting multiple milk blisters on BOTH nipples that hurt/burn in between feedings. More so on the left side than the right though. She doesn't have white patches but she has a white film on her tongue that could be milk. She has a dr appt on Monday so I'm going to see what they say there but who would I call for myself - OB or regular dr?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Let me know what they say, because we sound sort of similar. I'm going to call the nurse line at my doctor's office on monday too and see what they think. 

If your pediatrician thinks that your baby has it, I'm sure you could just call your regular doctor's office and have them call in a prescription for you as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Def talk to your dr but it sounds like normal diaper rash, milk tongue & bf side effects. Try using Vaseline or Aquafor on his rash.  That's the only thing that ever gets rid of a blistered rash on my babies. Good luck!
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• DS and I had thrush. I saw one of our hospital's LCs (who I had previously seen after DS was born). She called my son's doctor, who called a prescription in for both of us - Nystatin for him and a nipple cream for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • raynesraynes member

imagetheabbey5:
    Def talk to your dr but it sounds like normal diaper rash, milk tongue & bf side effects. Try using Vaseline or Aquafor on his rash.  That's the only thing that ever gets rid of a blistered rash on my babies. Good luck!

This.

My LO has thrush and its obvious. He's got white patches on his cheeks and ender his lips that do not wipe away.

As for the diaper rash, google "yeast diaper rash". It's nasty.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"