January 2013 Moms

freaking out a little

So this is my 4th pregnancy after 1 natural m/c and 2 ectopic pregnancies. We had an u/s at 5.5wks and 8wks and everything was perfect both times. We haven't been back to the dr since then and we go on Monday to hear the heartbeat and blood tests. I just go back and forth about being so nervous things are not going to go well and that things are going to be perfect. I know chances are high that things are going to be great since the 8wk u/s was great and I have had no bleeding or anything to worry about but I am still so scared. I am not sure I can get through losing another baby :(

code: Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: freaking out a little

• I've only had one previous loss (ectopic) but I have the same fears as you. I've had 4 u/s so far and the days leading up to each one, I've been a nervous, anxious mess. Each time everything has looked perfect, but that fear is still there.

I think it's completely normal as all either of us have known is loss... We don't know what it's like to have a normal, healthy pregnancy. I hope that you are able to relax, breathe, and find some enjoyment in your weekend. 

Let us know how everything goes on Monday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't relate totally because I have not had a m/c (this is my first pregnancy) But I do go back and forth between "everything is great" to "Something is wrong!" I have not had any bleeding just lost sore breast at 9 weeks. I think it is normal and just has to do with our hormones. You are so lucky you have your appointment on Monday! I don't have mine till ThursdaySad I am sure everything is fine though for both of us!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I completely understand what you are going through, it's really tough waiting from one appt. to the next.  I would say try to relax, but I know that it's completely impossible.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JJsMumJJsMum member
    I'm right there with you.  I've had 2 losses after DS, and even though I've had 3 ultrasounds that told me everything was looking excellent, I still can't shake the feeling that it's too good to be true.  With our first m/c DH and I told all of our families, this time around we only told parents after the ultrasound and we are being rather militant about no one else knowing until after the 1st tri (except my BFF who guessed and is also pregnant, due the month after me).  I think that it's pretty normal to be scared when you've been let down before.  The important thing is to relax and try to enjoy the process!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• I'm so sorry for your losses :( I'll be praying for you Monday that everything is well and baby's heartbeat is strong and fast!

lara & johan :: 4.3.10 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know it's easy to say try to be positive, but you are so close to being done with the first tri by anyway you count it and it sounds like this pregnancy has been perfectly healthy so far.  Good thoughts for Monday!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"