Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Facebook

Okay, this is going to sound mean probably. But I officially hate facebook now. I hated it anyway, because I had announced my baby on there after the 12 week mark, and now have to deal with randomly everyone knowing I was pg but not that I m/c. But now I am noticing how many babies/pregnancies are ALL OVER IT. Seriously. All over. And it always seems to be the first thing on my news feed. The other day it was a friend showing off her 3 month "bump" (my first thought was "hope you don't have to go through what I am now"), and just now the first thing was like fifty pictures of a newborn baby, literally still bloody post-birth. I can't handle it. I feel terrible, because I don't want to resent these women or their babies, I am happy for them. But it is too hard to see. All the damn time.

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

Re: Facebook

• I'm sorry for your loss; and I'm sorry you're having to handle it all while hearing of other peoples' good news. It's not fair and it sucks! I totally feel you.

I pray for better days ahead for you. Allow yourself time, and if that means you ditch Facebook for a few weeks, or for the next year even, then do that. You deserve to feel exactly what you are feeling.

Big hugs to you!

• I got rid of my facebook for this exact reason. I have 4 friends due within the last 3 months. They are also the ones who talk about their pregnancy non stop. It was annoying when I was pregnant and I knew it would be annoying now that I am not pregnant. For my sanity I deactivated my facebook. I had to do what was right for me.

5/9/2013 = Our rainbow was born!!

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
    06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
    12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
    01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • I hadn't been on facebook at all after my loss mid May, then the first time I log a few weeks ago I see a pregnancy announcement at the top of my news feed from an acquaintance of mine. I pretty much lost it and bawled all night. I have been on facebook since to check out one of my friends vacation photos but thats it. You are definitely not alone with the way you feel, take some time away from facebook and when you're ready head back. That's my plan. Good luck, im so sorry for your loss;(

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I ended up just hiding everyone with pregnancy stuff on my fb. It won't prevent seeing new things, but it helps some. I'm on there much less nowadays anyway. Thanks guys for understanding how I feel about this.

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I'm having the same feelings towards facebook.  We announced at 8 weeks after we saw the heartbeat and then had to "unannounce" after 12 weeks when I had my m/c.  As much as I hated how public our loss became, it was easier to not have to tell people in person. 

And I too feel like my newsfeed is just swamped with baby related stuff.  I've tried to stay off fb as much as possible these past few weeks.  It's just too hard.  (hugs)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"