Pregnant after a Loss

My shoulders/arms hurt! Sleeping advice?

I don't know if I'm just not used to sleeping on my sides since I used to be a tummy sleeper, but man, my shoulders and arms are killing me!

I find myself changing positions multiple times at night due to the pain or the whole arm/shoulder falling asleep.

Obviously, I'm aware that side sleeping is most beneficial and will continue to do so for a healthy little one. A little sleep pain pales in comparison to that...

But does anyone have any tips for how they make side sleeping a little better/more comfy?

I've tried using a body pillow, but it only works for a little while before I have to change positions again.

**All WELCOME!**
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
BabyName Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My shoulders/arms hurt! Sleeping advice?

• I am having trouble across the board with sleeping. I don't have any advice but I am curious to see what others say. I hope you find something that makes you comfy!
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • A ton of pillows.  After being on my side for literally 4-5 months on bed rest, I got used to side sleeping.

I've found the key to keeping my shoulders from hurting is to go straight out in front of me and around a pillow.  I sometimes fall asleep with my arm under my head pillow and up at a 45* angle and I wake up because it's numb.  If I have a head pillow,and also a "hugging" pillow, my arms stay at 90* in front of me.  Then I put a smaller pillow between my knees, and as I got further along, tucked a part of it under my side belly.  I put a 4th pillow tucked behind my back to prevent me from rolling over. 

That's an ideal sleep situation and I end up sleeping that way and not waking up, but it takes me longer to fall asleep that way.  I fall asleep quickly with a head pillow, arm at 45* under my pillow, and my right knee bent so I'm *almost* lying on my stomach.  Cantilvered I think is the appropriate word.  LOL.  When I sleep like this, I end up moving around a lot and my arms go numb.  The first way is ideal, but this way I can get a couple of hours.  It got harder and harder as I got to the end.  Hang in there and just get as much side sleeping done as you can.

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"