Baby Showers
Options

favor ideas for a nautical themed shower

My friend needs ideas for her sister's nautical themed baby shower.   I haven't asked her if she is looking for edible or non-edible favors(I will try to push her towards edible).   Colors are navy blue, red and white.   Anchor or boat shaped cookies are always cute.   I also though salt water taffy in a pretty package would look great.    Any other ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: favor ideas for a nautical themed shower

• Options

What about chocolate candies/suckers in an anchor mold like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anchor-Suckers-Chocolate-Candy-Mold-LP-N028-/320912592074?pt=Cookware&hash=item4ab7e18cca

You could easily do one part a different color by pouring that first and waiting for it to cool and then doing the rest. Put a sucker stick in them or just use them as candies and put them in a cute bag.

http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options

You can find all kinds of candy molds (some are suckers) in all kinds of nautical themed items (anchors, boats, knots, etc).  They are so easy to make...just "paint" the colors where you want them and then fill in the rest with white chocolate (or colored if you wish).  Cookies in nautical shapes are fun too...just not sure what is available as far as cutters.  I wanted a carousel horse and had to go with the candy (no cookie cutters to be had).  They were easy peasy.

Course the easiest of all is the salt water taffy idea you had.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i think the taffy is cute and fits so well. you could also do cute soaps if you want something different. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    akayfakayf member
    Thanks everyone.   She LOVES the salt water taffy because it's easy!   I've got a couple ideas on how to package them.    I'm finding so many cute ideas to help her decorate.    This is going to be so much fun!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    anything packaged in a netting, so it's like a fishing net?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If you end up with non-edibles - bath beads shaped like starfish or fishies... candles or soaps in the same shapes - starfish, etc. would be cute too :)
    Callie photo Callie1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"