LGBT Parenting

Well. How 'bout this . . .

Several tests confirm that my Darling partner and I are, in fact, preggers on out wedding day. 

We got the first really undeniable positive last night. It is such a tiny thing, bothe the growing embryo and the positive test. But massively life-changing if all goes well and we have, in fact, made a baby.

We were amazed yesterday to walk into my birth-Provinces vital statistics office and get a marriage application completed and approved like any other couple. It was intense and overwhelming for me to be so validated by institution. The women who helped us were happy: deeply, sincerely happy, and silly, too. We were just ourselves, stepping over the threshold of a zeitgeist of mind, for ourselves and our countries. 

So the die is cast. Not a rigid die, but one that is directional in nature and drawn to the heart. "Standing on the side of love." I feel surrounded by love and incredibly supported in love and who is to say which is more weighty, the new life we are creating or the new union we are making?

Both are important, both are what we want and I am astonded by my dumb luck to live in a time to have this life. Thanks, activists and mothers everywhere; I feel you are the ultimate reason for my joy. 

Pics to follow. :)

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Well. How 'bout this . . .

• Congrats! What an exciting time for you two!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Congratulations!!  My water broke on my second wedding anniversary!  It was crazy wonderful to celebrate so much.  He wasn't born for another 36 hours so even better, he has his own day of celebration and our anniversary's are forever changed.  I am so happy for you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What a double blessing! Congrats!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!!! This is super exciting for you two.  Wishing you well on a  very exciting day.
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That is all kinds of awesome!
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Congrats on your "shotgun wedding" ;-)

So excited for you two!!! 

• How exciting! Congratulations on the wedding and pregnancy. Enjoy it!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • What an exciting day, congratulations!!!
  • aww yay congrats and congrats!!!
    - 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • hlkehlke member
    Congratulations on your marriage and your BFP!  Happy and healthy 9 months to you!
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"