April 2012 Moms

laundry detergent for spit up?

Now that my son is the King of Spitup...does anyone have good suggestions for a pre-treater or just a detergent that does a great job of removing the yellow stains that occur at the top of white/light clothes after lots of spitting up? 

I use natural stuff which works great for the rest of the laundry, but it certainly isn't getting these stains out...now that I'm packing 0-3 month clothes away for baby #2 (someday), I'd like to get those stains out.

What works for you? 

Thanks!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: laundry detergent for spit up?

• ToraniTorani member
    I pretreat with Clorox 2 and throw some in with the wash. It's great on poop stains too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not a big fan of Dreft, but their stain remover is awesome.
  • Loading the player...
  • Borax works as well. Whatever you do DO NOT put in wash on hot or in the dryer until the stain is gone. When the high heat touches the stains it basically sets them forever.
  • I just started using the Oxy clean stain remover in the spray bottle. So far I like it better than shout.
  • I used Purex Baby laundry soap. It's really inexpensive for baby laundry soap and it does a great job. If I know she has thrown up on anything white I will put a little soap directly on it before washing it. I haven't had any spit up stains yet.
  • I use Baby OxyClean, BabyGanics stain remover, Dreft, and/or Resolve in no particular order.  Overkill, maybe, but it gets all the stains out in one wash. I'm also talking the 2 year old I don't know how to eat spaghetti stains on a white shirt too. I have banned DH from putting white shirts on DS because it never fails he always gives him something red based (be it tomato sauce, ketchup, watermelon, strawberries, canteloupe, etc). I take his shirt off but DH just never thinks. He's a male and therefore he has the male defective gene.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"