2nd Trimester
Options

A test that replaces the Quad Test

I'm pregnant with #3, and I remember with #1 I had the Quad Test and 2 out of 4 hormones were elevated.  I went from at 1/1200 chance of the baby having Downs to 1/50 (due to my age, etc.).  In short, this year, I was offered a new test.  They just take your blood and send it off to a lab in CA (it does cost about 200$ out of pocket), but SO worth it to get accurate results (no false positives -- like what happened with my first son, he ended up having nothing).  I just wanted to share about this new test.  It might be something you could ask your OB about (if you chose to).

This is the company that does the testing:

https://www.sequenomcmm.com/home/

They can actually analyze your blood and separate your DNA from the babies DNA and it's 99.9 accurate! Pretty cool.... 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: A test that replaces the Quad Test

• Options
    How do you get this? Do you have to go through your OB?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, I just had the test done - you can ask your OB but they may refer you to a genetics counselor.  I did mine after getting a 1 in 70 chance of DS from the NT scan and blood work.  I had to pay the $235 and it took 3 weeks to get the results.  They said 8-10 business days but a machine broke down and they got backed up. My results were negative.  So it was worth doing it to keep my mind at ease.  
    ~ Single Mother by Choice ~ IUI with donor sperm - BFP on 2nd attempt! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wally3Wally3 member
    I had the Maternti21 test done after my results came back 1/100 for Downs.  Mine was done at the MFM.  It is just a blood draw, took about 2 weeks for results, cost around $400.  It came back negative.  How much doctors rely on it varies greatly.  My MFM recommended it after I came back with elevated risk and declined an amino.  It is suppose to be 99% accurate. The doctors still veiw me as elevated risk and I'm still monitored closely by the MFM but it gave me a lot of peice of mind.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"