August 2012 Moms
Options

Just found out about my surprise shower

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but two separate things on my mind, wanting opinions from all your wonderful ladies!

So, there isn't much to be done about this... but here is the story.  I assumed I would not be having a shower, as up until 33 weeks... I had heard no word of one, my mother lives hours away from me, my bestie is in a bridal party ON my due date, so she has her hands full too... and it just didn't seem like it would happen!  I was a little bummed at first, that nobody thought to celebrate the baby, but then I thought about the fact that I had a bridal shower LESS than a year ago that was absolutely amazing, and a weekend away for my stagette with my girls.  They have already done so much for me! 

Hubs and I made a huge shopping trip with our massive list of baby items (we're first time parents and had nothing to start with), and bought EVERYTHING.  Down to the onesies and wipes.  

Skyping with my Mum the other day, she lets on that there is a shower, and not to buy anything.  Well.... okay.  Hmm.  So I don't know when, where, or anything.  I don't even know if its before or after the baby.  We are moving in less than 3 weeks and I am currently packing/organizing... 

Anyone had a surprise shower?  How'd you manage not knowing when it was?  I'm worried someone will plan it on my moving weekend or something, I'm stressed enough as we are moving while I will be 37 weeks pregnant.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful for a shower, I am just super thrown off by it and not sure what I should do?  

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Just found out about my surprise shower

• Options
    Where did you buy everything? If it was BRU and you used your BRU card you can return with no issues at all. Or you could get store credit and buy formula or diapers for a long time. Did you register? Are these guests bringing what they want? If so it might just be clothes and blankets.  Or hopefully they have gift receipts for you! At this point have your mom just tell you when it is- its crunch time!!!
  • Options

imageReilly626:
    Where did you buy everything? If it was BRU and you used your BRU card you can return with no issues at all. Or you could get store credit and buy formula or diapers for a long time. Did you register? Are these guests bringing what they want? If so it might just be clothes and blankets.  Or hopefully they have gift receipts for you! At this point have your mom just tell you when it is- its crunch time!!!

I wish I had any of this info... nobody will let on to anything!  I think I am floating through this third tri with my head in the clouds...  dooo de doooo... whatever happens, happens? Hmmm. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"