July 2012 Moms

The joys of being MOM . . . .

So last night DS had a terrible stomach virus that led me to BBB with our youngest this morning to get a new mattress pad, some pillows, etc. This on next to no sleep.

Well my youngest started acting up - full on 2 year old tantrum.  He wanted to run away - So I had to put him in the cart - he was screaming - but we had a mission.  I was very calm with him and wasn't going to give into his wishes to leave the store.  Now if it was a restaurant or a botique  - absolutely I'd leave.  

Oh and I'm due Monday and I'm very uncomfortable - so that's an added bonus!

So this woman was shopping with what seemed to be her college son or high school son and said out loud "If that was my child, I would be curtious and take him out of the store". 

I almost punched her!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: The joys of being MOM . . . .

• OMG!! Seriously!?  Whenever I see another mom who has a kid having that kind of tantrum in a store I always wish that I knew them so that it would be polite to go and help her!  At the very worst I just give her a look of pity because I know how awful it is when you have no food in the house and you just *have* to get the shopping done whether the kid will have it or not.

*hugs* So sorry you met the rudest woman on the planet! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes! It is so hard to believe that moms (and dads) of older children have "forgotten" what it is like to have young children!!!!

I don't even have kids but I try to be sympathetic in situations like yours. Kids are kids! Sorry you encountered such a rude person!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I never really know what to say when women have kids throwing a tantrum in a store but I always feel really bad and wish I could help! I just feel awkward walking up to a random person and asking if they need help. I am sorry you met such a rude woman who didn't understand what you were going thru. My sister would have done the same thing you did and not given in (actually she probably would have put them on time out somewhere in the store haha). I applaud your consistency, nothing bugs me more then parents with kids having a tantrum and then they give in! Just makes that kid act more like a brat and makes them think that if they just throw a tantrum they get what they want so THANK YOU for being a great example :) Ignore the haters! Congratulations on your newest addition :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"