TTC after 35
Options

had to have "the talk" with my husband

Not the "where babies come from" talk but explaining how menstrual cycles and ovulation works. Cycle lengths and folicular phase and luetal phase. This was our dinner conversation tonight! 

Then 15 minutes later I mentioned my breasts were super sore and he asked why. So I told him that progesterone increased in the leutal phase and he just glazed over.Confused

LOL 

Me 39, DH 40
Male Factor (severe oligospermia) 
IVF#1-December 2013: Conversion Protocol @ SIRM, Canceled on day 10 of stims due to poor response
IVF#2- February 2014:  Estrogen Priming Conversion Protocol @ SIRM (ER 2/22: (9R, 7M, 4F, All arrested, nothing to trasnfer)
IUI#1-May 28, 2014- 100mg clomid, HCG Trigger, 100mg progesterone oral--BFN
IUI#2-June 24, 2014- non medicated, HCG 2,500mg x 4 doses (over a week), Endometrium- BFN
Suprise BFP- September 1, 2014- miscarriage at 5 weeks. 

Re: had to have "the talk" with my husband

• Options
    This made me laugh, because I've been there. Even pulled out an old anatomy book. 
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    When we were ttc our DD my husband asked if I could POAS to see if I was pregnant right after we BD. We had to have the talk, too.
    DD#1 8/7/2009 TTC#2 BFP 11/10/12 Baby girl born sleeping at 26 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Poor men! I have learned so much about my own body, the general cycle, etc. and I have the equipment and have dealt with this for years! I can only imagine the black hole that is a man's knowledge of how our bodies work.

I yearn for the simplicity of a man's system: yawn = tired/bored; stomach ache = fart/poop; stomach grumbling = hungry; little man saluting = horny; and you're most likely fertile every day of your life from about age 13 until sometime in your 70s or 80s.

Bastards. 

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    I think its made even funnier by the fact that we are in the "over 35" group, You'd have thought someone would have explained this to them before now ! :) 
    Me 39, DH 40
    Male Factor (severe oligospermia) 
    IVF#1-December 2013: Conversion Protocol @ SIRM, Canceled on day 10 of stims due to poor response
    IVF#2- February 2014:  Estrogen Priming Conversion Protocol @ SIRM (ER 2/22: (9R, 7M, 4F, All arrested, nothing to trasnfer)
    IUI#1-May 28, 2014- 100mg clomid, HCG Trigger, 100mg progesterone oral--BFN
    IUI#2-June 24, 2014- non medicated, HCG 2,500mg x 4 doses (over a week), Endometrium- BFN
    Suprise BFP- September 1, 2014- miscarriage at 5 weeks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"