Cloth Diapering
Options

How many cloth wipes?

I have a coupon for Joann Fabrics just itching to be turned into soft, fluffy wipes.  I've seen recommendations on here for making them 8"x8" but can't remember seeing suggestion on how many to have in my stash.  How many do you suggest? (We plan to start to CD as soon as we get home from the hospital, if that makes a difference.)
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many cloth wipes?

• Options
    We gave 50 and that is more than enough!  Even during the newborn phase I think 30-35 would get you through.  We only need to use 1 wipe per diaper change... I can probably count on one hand the number of times we have needed 2 wipes!
  • Options
    I have around 50, it's more than enough.  We usually use only 1 or 2 wipes per change, but sometimes use 3 for big messes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started using cloth wipes. We use one wipe per diaper, even the crazy messy ones with very few exceptions. Personally I like my wipes rectangle, like 7x4 or something, so they look like regular wipes in the containers.
  • Options
    I use 2 wipes per change... one wet and one dry to pat away moisture... I have roughly 60.

• Options
    We have 40 and it's not enough for twins - I'm buying more soon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    3 dozen is a good number to start with.  Mine are 8x8 and I keep them dry, folded in half in a wipes tub.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    24 is plenty for us since we do wash every other day. We've never run out. 8x8 is too big for me, they don't get into tiny baby crevices very well. My 8x8s got repurposed and I use 6x6 now. Like them much better!
  • Options
    I make mine 7x7 (they fit nicely folded into an old wipes container like this). The last set I made with 2.5 yards of fabric (i use two layers) and I got about 40 wipes out of it 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    L0L0L0L0 member
    We have over 50, and that was perfect when LO was pooping 10x a day so that we never had to do diaper laundry for a shortage of wipes. Now we don't need nearly that many, but we use them all the time to wipe up her drool, or her hands, or spit-up, or to wipe poop off the inside of the diaper pail between washes. I also put a clean one under her bottom during poop changes so she doesn't get poop on the changing table.  They have many purposes! We mostly use softandscrubby double-sided ones from Etsy.
  • Options
    I have a little over 30 and it's enough with us washing every other day.  Ours are 8x8 and I keep them folded in a regular wipes container already wet (more DH friendly).

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"