December 2012 Moms
Options

advice - lifted heavy bin & cramping now.

When I was getting ready to leave work, I realized I forgot to stop someone to help me lift this bin I needed to take home with me for an event Monday. Between picking it up initially, locking the door, getting in the elevator, and going to my car. I lifted this heavy bin about five times. It was during the actual lifting (and not walking with it) where I really felt strained. During my very short drive home, I began to feel a cramp about were my right ovary is, and then while taking the dogs out, I started to cramp on the left side as well. They hurt but are not painful enough for me to immediately run to the ER. If I see blood, I'm obviously going to run to the hospital. But with just this cramping, how long would you wait until you call the on-call doctor? My rationale at the moment is to relax on the couch for a while and see how it goes, but I would like some December mommy advice.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: advice - lifted heavy bin & cramping now.

• Options
    SJS622SJS622 member
    I'd say to take it easy for the rest of the day.   Maybe you pulled a muscle?  If you are cramping regularly, I'd call the on-call, just to be sure that everything was okay. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    Drink?drink?drink?get lots of water and very hydrated.  Get off your feet and get your feet up.  Rest the area as much as possible.  If it hasn't at the very minimum slowed down in the next 2 hours call and get the on call's advice.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Your best bet at this point is going to be lots of rest and lots of water.  

I would only call if they got worse, you couldn't breath through the pain, the pain starts coming in regular waves or you started bleeding. 

*~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I felt like i strained myself the other day and went to the dr. she said if anything serious doesnt happen within the first four hours of the trauma u should be in the clear. She also said that at this point in the pregnancy that the baby is well protected and hard to injure! but i would rest up and call the dr if u have worsening symptoms?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I felt something similar yesterday.  WAY too much moving around.  Wasn't lifting anything heavy, but felt really crampy and strained down there, plus terrible lower back pain.  Perhaps my snide look in response to my hubby's caution that I shouldn't be doing so much wasn't warranted after all.  I took some Tylenol, slept, and feel much better today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"