April 2012 Moms
Options

s/o ED--If you need a book to read right now

I just read through yesterday's FFFC and thought I'd recommend a book to some of you who might be interested in the topic.  It seems that there are a lot of women on the board who have struggled with their weight/body image at different levels of severity.  I read a book a few years ago that gave me some really interesting insights into my own struggles.  It's called Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters.  It talks about how prevalent body image issues are today and how a lot of the issues we struggle with have to do with the pursuit of perfection.  It's not necessarily a light read, but it is really good.  

Unbearable Lightness (Portia De Rossi's book) is on my list for the summer too.  I'll report back once I tackle that one :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o ED--If you need a book to read right now

• Options
    I was really disappointed in Portia's book. I thought the end was a cop out and over simplified recovery. I would be interested to hear your take on it. 
  • Options

Just wanted to add a little disclaimer: for those who aren't secured in their recovery should probably avoid these books until they get there. They can be quiet triggering for someone who's fresh into recovery. 

I heard Portia's book was disappointing, but I'll have to check the other one out. Thanks for the recommendation! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"