Baby Names

DH squashed my favourite name, what do you think of his?

The name I'd hoped for are: Joseph John and jocelyn jean

He really wants John David ( NN Jaydee) and is ok with Charlotte Jean.

Thoughts? 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: DH squashed my favourite name, what do you think of his?

• I like John David better than Joseph John, but is it necessary to spell the initials/nickname JD into a word? Jaydee? Really?

I really like the name Jocelyn, but I don't love the alliteration, so I'm again on your husband's side iwth Charlotte Jean.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I don't care for the sounds of Joseph John and Jocelyn Jean.  

John David is a great name, but I really don't care for JD, Jaydee is just awful. I love Charlotte Jean.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • I love John David but the nn Jaydee is a perfect way to ruin it :S I prefer just John, Jack, Johnny or even calling LO by both names, John David. With the girl's names I'm kinda neutral, but I'm leaning toward Charlotte Jean.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSarahL77:

I like John David better than Joseph John, but is it necessary to spell the initials/nickname JD into a word? Jaydee? Really?

That was my thought! DH and I both like initial nick names, both him and his dad are JJ (hence my fascination with J names, plus last name is J).  I'm ok with JD and CJ but don't like spelling it out... 

imageimage
  • imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageSarahL77:

I like John David better than Joseph John, but is it necessary to spell the initials/nickname JD into a word? Jaydee? Really?

That was my thought! DH and I both like initial nick names, both him and his dad are JJ (hence my fascination with J names, plus last name is J).  I'm ok with JD and CJ but don't like spelling it out... 

If your last name starts with J, please do not have the first and middle name start with J as well.  2 Js is enough, 3 is kind of obnoxious.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageAllycat11:
    imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageSarahL77:

If your last name starts with J, please do not have the first and middle name start with J as well.  2 Js is enough, 3 is kind of obnoxious.  

My DH is JJJ, nothing obnoxious about it. 

imageimage
  • imageSarahL77:

I really like the name Jocelyn, but I don't love the alliteration, so I'm again on your husband's side iwth Charlotte Jean.

Mall of this.  

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imageSarahL77:

All of this.  

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • John David is a bit too backwoods for me for some reason! And I am about the biggest country girl the Bump has ever seen...lol.

Charlotte Jean is lovely. Good pick.

I like Joseph John a lot.

Jocelyn Jean is too rhymey for me but it's a fine name.

• imageAllycat11:

I don't care for the sounds of Joseph John and Jocelyn Jean.  

John David is a great name, but I really don't care for JD, Jaydee is just awful. I love Charlotte Jean.  

All of this. Jaydee is terrible, and it looks girlie, JD looks manly. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageAllycat11:
    imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageSarahL77:

To me it is...to each their own.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I like Jocelyn, but if your last name starts with a J I would lay off the double J names. Charlotte Jean is great, and John David is okay, but Jaydee is ridiculous. Looks like something a 14-year-old would choose for a girl.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imageSarahL77:

I agree with this, especially the Jaydee/JD part. 

• imagejobiann:
    imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageAllycat11:
    imagehappy_un-bride:
    imageSarahL77:

To me it is...to each their own.

Nickname potential.. J-cubed; J^3,  

• I like Joseph over John David and I really dislike Jaydee as a NN.  Could you combine the two names as a compromise and name him Joseph David? 

I am not a fan of jocelyn, never have been.  I do like Charlotte Jean.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All are good names in the sense that they are easy to say, spell and are obvious in the sex their assigned to. That said, I really dislike JD/Jaydee. It sounds like a curse abbreviation (GD/JC). That's my impression anyway.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • With all of the JJ names, I keep hearing:

John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt

His name is my name, too

Whenever we go out, people always shout

There goes  John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt

Fa la la la!

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • imageAllycat11:

I agree with this although I'm not a fan of the mn Jean. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAllycat11:

I agree with this although I'm not a fan of the mn Jean. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like your girl names and John David with nn JD is NMS, but a fine, solid name. The spelling Jaydee on the other hand screams redneck + teen parents to me.
  • I like your DH's choices better. John David is nice, but wouldn't do that nickname. Charlotte Jean is also nice.
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    imageSarahL77:

all of this 100% 

• imageTripMomma:
    imageSarahL77:

All of this.  

agree 

• Is there a reason for the name choices? Family names or like? 

My dad is Joseph John so of course, I prefer that to John David, especially with the NN Jaydee. That's just odd to me. If you did a NN with initials, use the initials J.D.. '

Of your girl choices I like Jocelyn and I love Charlotte. Jean is okay, but I don't care for it with Jocelyn. Jocelyn Charlotte is nice.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • sesigssesigs member
    I prefer your husband's choices but I am not a fan of "Jaydee". If you are going to use his initials as a nn just go with JD. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I like the name Joseph better than John, but I don't like Joseph and John as one name, so I think John David works better. It reminds me of a Duggar though.  I like his girls name better.
  • I prefer both of your husband's choices, or Joseph David, NN JD not Jaydee. 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • imageAllycat11:

This exactly.  Not that I like Jaydee in the least bit, but if you are going to spell out the initials like that, why not name him that instead of John David?  I like John David the way it is a lot better than Joseph John, and Charlotte Jean is much better than Jocelyn Jean. 

• tlongtlong member

imagejburdet1:
    I love John David but the nn Jaydee is a perfect way to ruin it :S I prefer just John, Jack, Johnny or even calling LO by both names, John David. With the girl's names I'm kinda neutral, but I'm leaning toward Charlotte Jean.

All of this. 

Little Dude - Connor Michael 6/8/09
    Angel Face - Mya Brynn 12/9/11
    imageimage
  • All of them are NMS but I really don't like the two J & J names in a row.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • I like Joseph and Charlotte.  I'm ok with the nn JD, but I agree with pp's...Jaydee is horrible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Can't say I'm a fan of any of those options.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"