Baby Names

How do we feel about Amy Hazel?

I know I've asked you to hash apart Amy on here before. People either love it or hate it. That's fine...I love it. :)

But how do we feel about Amy Hazel?

Amy becuase H and I just love it. Hazel is my grandmother's middle name and I'd like to use it.

Hazel Amy is out. I prefer it a bit more than Amy Hazel but it spells a "bad" word with the initials once you throw our last name in. Also, H isn't the biggest of fan of Hazel for a first name.

So give it to me straight. I don't get too offended easily. :)

Re: How do we feel about Amy Hazel?

• I like it, very pretty!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to be honest; I don't understand why people on TB place such emphasis on the way middle names sound with first names.  No one ever uses middle names.  Of all of my friends, I only know the middle name of one.  i never see a middle name used, except on a formal wedding invitation, and then it's never seen again.  Hazel seems to be special to you, so use it.  You have a connection to it and that is what is important.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • TheWopTheWop member
    I like it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSunshineMuffin:
    I have to be honest; I don't understand why people on TB place such emphasis on the way middle names sound with first names.  No one ever uses middle names.  Of all of my friends, I only know the middle name of one.  i never see a middle name used, except on a formal wedding invitation, and then it's never seen again.  Hazel seems to be special to you, so use it.  You have a connection to it and that is what is important.

I know what you mean.

I'm pretty sure Hazel will be a middle name no matter what...first names are negotiable so I'm just throwing out stuff that sounds cute until I hit the "one."

Middle names are a big deal to me because we have a short choppy last name that doesn't flow or sound good with much, so I gave up on worry about that. If I skip the middle name too, I'm just worried I'm going to end up with a name disaster, kwim?

• imageJoy2611:

I like Amy Hazel.

I'd prefer Hazel Amy and couldn't care less about what initials spell unless it's ASS or FyouK.  :-)

I don't usually care about word initials either. My other 2 kids all spell a word..lol.

This one gets me HAG and I'm just not okay with that. :)

• I think Amy Hazel flows well.  Amy is NMS, but I don't really have a reason why, it is a perfectly fine name.  Overall, good choice. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I like both names, not so much together, but since it has meaning I say go for it.

• I like it.  Amy is my 4yo niece's name.  I also like Amelia, nn Amy.  Amelia Hazel is beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejlsimon56:
    I like it.  Amy is my 4yo niece's name.  I also like Amelia, nn Amy.  Amelia Hazel is beautiful.

I like Amy fine, but I like Amelia even more!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Great name!

• Love Hazel, but don't think it flows well AT ALL with Amy. And not going into any detail, Amy is just NMS either...
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • It's a normal name and it's spelled traditionally. That's good enough for me.

I'm also naming my next child a name that was really popular about 40 years ago (Eric)...I like that everyone will know how to spell and pronounce the name but there won't be a whole bunch of kids in his school with the same name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer Hazel over Amy.  I have a bad association with the name Amy tho.  DH has a BSC ex girlfriend named that so whenever I hear it I think of her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's got ok flow; however, it's got great significance. Go for it.

• AwBethAwBeth member

I HIGHLY doubt the initials HAG will torment your child.  Seriously.  I find it so funny when people rule out fabulous names because some middle schooler MIGHT string together initials and tease them with it.  My initials were BJ growing up and it was. Not. An. Issue. 

And, if it isn't obvious, I love the name Hazel.  So pretty.  Amy is nice too, but Hazel gets my vote. 

• I'm surprised some people are saying it doesn't flow well.  I think it's just fine.  Yes
  • I personally think Amy Hazel sounds better than Hazel Amy.

Amy isn't my style, but I like the combo and you obviously love it, so I think you guys have your name!! :)

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I think Amy is OK but a little bland. Hazel is fun in the mn spot.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelageorgiapaperie:

I personally think Amy Hazel sounds better than Hazel Amy.

Amy isn't my style, but I like the combo and you obviously love it, so I think you guys have your name!! :)

I agree. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • I think Amy Hazel has great flow. Yes

• Definitely NMS.  Amy is fine but it just feels like you are doing some serious generation mixing. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"