Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

8 month old and food

What are you feeding your 8 month old for solids?  LO is eating Stage 2 baby food in the jars but we feel like she is still hungry after it.  She also eats puffs and the rice rusks but, again, i feel like she is still hungry.  Have any of you introduced toast or any finger foods at 8 months?  TIA

Re: 8 month old and food

• Options
    DD is not quite 8 months yet, but, by the time she is,  she will be on stage 3 and finger foods. She is on stage 2 now, but is still hungry after finishing them, so we will probably move to 3's in a week or so. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I've been making DS's food and he eats almost a full coffee cup full every meal. We'd go broke buying jars for him. DD refused to eat what I made and only ate jar food, but she never ate as much as DS is eating.

If you don't want to try making food try adding some rice cereal to the jar food. Thin it out with formula for some added calories. 

TTC#1 since May 2008 IUI#1 clomid/trigger March. 2009 BFP! TWINS! lost twin around 9 weeks. It's a girl! TTC#2 IUI#1 Dec.2010 clomid/trigger = ectopic IUI#2 Feb.2011 menopur/trigger = BFP! Beta#1 14dpiui 166 Beta#2 16dpiui 438 It's a boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemmttc1b:

I've been making DS's food and he eats almost a full coffee cup full every meal. We'd go broke buying jars for him. DD refused to eat what I made and only ate jar food, but she never ate as much as DS is eating.

If you don't want to try making food try adding some rice cereal to the jar food. Thin it out with formula for some added calories. 

Thanks!  I actually started out making baby food (always did for DS) but she hates it.  I ended up making several batches of several fruits and veggies from a couple months ago and they are in the freezer.  I'll occasionally pull it out and add it to things but she doesn't like it.  I don't know if it's the taste or texture that bothers her because I don't have a juicer, I just use an immersion blender.  It stinks having to buy baby food all of the time! Lol.

• Options
    We've done BLW since 6 months, so my almost 9 month old eats everything DH and I do.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"