Pregnant after 35

superfun morning @ L&D

Today I had a "visit" appointment with one of the other OBs in the practice. She was nice, but when I told her LO had been slowing down for the past few days, she decided I needed a non-stress test and ultrasound. So I was literally admitted to the hospital for these two simple, outpatient procedures. Freaked me the hell out. Turns out LO is just fine, which was clear from the first 5 minutes of the NST, but I had to go thru all that anyway.

In other news, LO is already weighing in at 5 lbs and I have a little over 7 weeks to go. OMG!!!!!!!! And, he is breech. I guess there is both time and room for him to flip, but you never really want to hear that, although I can't say I'm surprised. The level and type of pressure that I get way down low by my pelvis and bladder seems, at least to me as an inexperienced FTM, unmistakably due to leg stretches and a bunch of kickity-kicks.

Come on, August 18! My tingly-fingered, swollen-footed, waddling, exhausted self is so excited to meet you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: superfun morning @ L&D

• Glad all is well.  My LO didn't flip until 35 weeks, so don't  worry about that yet!

• My LO slowed waaaaay down at week 32 and it freaked me out!  My doctor said it is pretty normal for this to be a time when they slow down as they start sleeping more and they have less room to move around.  So I am glad to hear that everything was fine for you too! oh and don't worry about the breech yet (easier said than done) a lot of babies don't turn until closer to the due date.  Fingers crossed that the next 7 weeks go swiftly for you and that LO snuggles down to the proper "head stand" position :-)
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • What a surreal experience! Glad everything is OK.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd try some of those yoga moves that are supposed to encourage a baby to turn...I forget which they are right now tho.
  • steverstever member
    Glad LO is well and good luck with the flippin'!
  • Both my babies turned head down (locked and loaded) at around 35 weeks. Still time yet.  glad everything is going well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejessandandy09:
    My LO slowed waaaaay down at week 32 and it freaked me out!  My doctor said it is pretty normal for this to be a time when they slow down as they start sleeping more and they have less room to move around.  So I am glad to hear that everything was fine for you too! oh and don't worry about the breech yet (easier said than done) a lot of babies don't turn until closer to the due date.  Fingers crossed that the next 7 weeks go swiftly for you and that LO snuggles down to the proper "head stand" position :-)

I had just read that about how they begin to sleep much more so I wasn't entirely concerned about it but I guess this particular doctor has a rep for ordering potentially unnecessary tests. Better safe than sorry, I guess!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"