Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How do you get them to sleep...

Somewhere other than on you?  My 1 month old wakes up as soon as she's out of my arms and this is ongoing from birth.  We've tried everything... Anyone dealt with this and found a good solution?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you get them to sleep...

• Have you tried swaddling super tight?  I use a swaddle me blanket and it has made a huge difference!

DS hated to be swaddled so that trick didn't work with him.  Instead, we used a heating pad on the lowest setting in his crib and then pulled it out as we put him down.  That way, it wasn't such a shock to go from our warm arms to the bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, we've tried swaddled, not swaddled, and 1 arm swaddled.  The heating pad idea makes sense though so I'll try that! Thanks :)  

• Loading the player...
  • my LO loves rock n play...thats where hes been sleeping.
  • We kind of do what the pp does.  I lay a magic bag (heat bag with beans) and prewarm the bassinet for her.  It really seems to help!
  • DrRxDrRx member

Have you tried the Sleep Sheep?  We got one as a gift from DH's SIL, and it has been a blessing! It really helps Adalyn go from drowsy to sleep in her crib.  We also have her in one of those sleep sack/swaddle things. 

She's only sleeping in her crib during naps since we have her in the RNP at night next to us because of the monitors, but once we're rid of the monitors (which I think will be next month--yay!) we're going to try to get her to sleep overnight in her crib. 

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageKristinmo:

Have you tried swaddling super tight?  I use a swaddle me blanket and it has made a huge difference!

DS hated to be swaddled so that trick didn't work with him.  Instead, we used a heating pad on the lowest setting in his crib and then pulled it out as we put him down.  That way, it wasn't such a shock to go from our warm arms to the bed.

Both of these have worked for us. We also let her nap in the swing during the day.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• We've been in the PICU for a week so she has only slept in our arms until recently - what's been working for us to transition her is to lie her down with my arm still around her and to have her legs tightly bundled (because I usually hold her legs and it feels the most like when I'm holding her) then to slowly move away if she unsettles we rock her slightly with a hand on her chest - if that doesn't work we keep her lying down and put our arms under her with our hands under her head and bounce her. We also use the magic bag to warm up where she's going to sleep. Good luck :)
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Sleep sheep and co-sleeping is what works for us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • raynesraynes member
    Bump burp
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • raynesraynes member

I use a heating pad and Sleep Sheep too. 

Rhe public health nurse also suggested laying down whatever tshirt I was wearing under him to help. It's warm and smells like you, which helps.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The only thing that has worked for us is the rock n play. 
  • The Rock N Play was the greatest invention ever and the only thing DS would sleep in for the first 2 months.
  • Maybe try an incline? DD hates hates hates sleeping flat on her back, and will always wake up.  Sleeping in her bouncy seat has worked better and longer.  And I let her nap on her side now, which she prefers.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Hi, labor buddy! Sorry that Miss K didn't get the sleeping memo. Not fun at all.

People are probably going to think that I'm crazy for this one, but this is what works for us...

Luke is a great daytime sleeper but had his days and nights mixed up at the beginning. Wasn't fussy at nighttime - just very awake (and usually wouldn't sleep unless we were holding him). We discovered fairly early on that he likes movement and vibration. He would always fall asleep in the car. So, when I was trying to help him to get his days and nights on track, I would take him for car rides at 1 or 2 am. He would usually fall asleep and stay asleep for a couple of hours at least. But - one morning, he woke up as soon as we got home. I wanted to cry. Instead, I kept him in his carseat and placed him on top of the dryer and started running the dryer. He was asleep within 30 minutes. Ever since then, we've been taking the bassinet out of the PnP, putting him in it and running the dryer whenever he is going down for the night (somewhere between 10 and midnight, depending on his feeding schedule that day). When he's asleep, we take the bassinet and place it in his crib. I know it sounds a little nuts - but it works for us! I know that he won't be in the bassinet forever, but it should be fine for him at least until I feel he is old enough to do a modified CIO in the crib. He continues to be a decent daytime sleeper for us and will literally sleep anywhere during the day - just not at night!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"