1st Trimester
Options

what did you once love, but now hate since PG?

I have always been a steak lover. When I got FI a grill for Christmas, we upped it on the amount of steaks we had because they were SO GOOD on the grill. I always eat mine medium. The last time I had a steak, it was medium, and I puked. The texture, the idea, everything about it made me sick. I tried cooking it more, but nope, the love is gone. 

What about you? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what did you once love, but now hate since PG?

• Options

Hot chicken. I just cant eat it, cant look at it, and definately wont cook it. But i love cold chicked products, like chicken salad or cold chicken sandwiches. DH usually cooks it for me, then when its cooled I make the chicken salad.

On the other end, I used to HATE chocolate, never ate it, EVER, now I cant get enough of it, I try to pace myself cause I know there is caffine in choclate but sometimes I go overboard.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CellisCellis member
    I use to love steak too! I'm still waiting for the day when I can eat it again. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Veggies. Any and all veggies sound disgusting at this point. Also yogurt. I normally eat yogurt 5 mornings a week for breakfast, but even the thought of it makes me want to gag at this point.
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSteph+J:

sex.

Oh, are you only talking about food?

*I* was talking about food, but what you loved and now hate is certainly not limited to food ;)

I love sex right now! Once the nausea subsides each day, I'm ready to go. [totally the opposite with DS]

• Options
    imagePatsyGK21:

Hot chicken. I just cant eat it, cant look at it, and definately wont cook it. But i love cold chicked products, like chicken salad or cold chicken sandwiches. DH usually cooks it for me, then when its cooled I make the chicken salad.

On the other end, I used to HATE chocolate, never ate it, EVER, now I cant get enough of it, I try to pace myself cause I know there is caffine in choclate but sometimes I go overboard.

I think meat is general is just not flying very well with me right now. But the chicken aversion, totally get it. I had it hardcore with DS. But unlike you, it was ALL chicken. Hot, cold, luke warm, whatever. I hated it.

So funny to see someone who hate(d) chocolate! People look at me like I'm nuts when I say that I hate chocolate. 

• Options
    French fries. Just not doing it for me these days, but are usually my fav.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I can't stand any kind of meat or poultry right now... maybe chicken salad if it has other things in it. I'm also having a major aversion to cheese and any spicy foods.

• Options

Mountain Dew. I used to have it all the time -- if I didn't, I'd get a headache. Being pregnant now makes me HATE it. I can't stand it and it doesn't even give me headaches not having it. I just don't care. Now I like Coke every once in a while.

Also, any meat makes me sick. I can't even stand the smell of it cooking. ugh!

And sex.
    A lot of days, I just don't care to do it. I know my SO wants it.. but I just can't cause I feel so sick and TIRED at night and he's not home from work til 11pm most days v.v

• Options
    Las135Las135 member
    Pasta and Carbs.  Uggh the thought of linguini, or lo mein, or any kind of carb makes me so nauseous.

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Options
    My Tasty Kakes :(
    BabyName Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Veggies and pork. Veggies smell bad, but once I take a bite, I am usually ok.

With DD, I started to hate  chicken, and I am still not a fan of it to this day.  So lots of beef for us.  

• Options
    imageSteph+J:

sex.

Oh, are you only talking about food?

HA! This. I just feel so gross all the time, and not necessarily m/s....just gross and bloaty. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RaeilyRaeily member
    Broccoli, Chicken, Steak, Jalapenos, etc
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options

it seems to change daily, but one thing i used to LOVE was potato chips...mmmm.  Now, i have not even looked at the bags that i have in my pantry...they ross me out to think about.

Also, i used to not like cranberry juice, but that seems to have replaced potato chips.  makes me sad, b?c i really loved potato chips :(

• Options
    BeesqBeesq member
    Garlic! Makes me gag just thinking about it. Can't smell it, can't eat it.
  • Options
    I second meat and veggies. Bleh. I also can't drink milk. I can eat it in my cereal, but I can't drink it plain! So I've been drinking chocolate milk instead :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

anything dairy... I used to have a yogurt everyday but now the smell of it makes me want to vomit.

And I agree with the other girls... and sex! I feel way too bloated and cranky! 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Ughh, even reading everyone's responses make me want to vomit. everything makes me sick.  there are four things I can handle right now..baked potatoes, mac and cheese, chicken noodle soup and salt and vinegar chips.  I am on the tail end of my m/s so thank god!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
     Sugar!   But I cant say hate cause I'll have it every once in a while but before I was pregnant I had to have it all the time.  Now it just gives me a crazy feeling in my body and I'd rather have meat and protein (which is completely opposite of my norm.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Broccoli.  I used to eat it at least 3 days a week and huge portions.  It grosses me out now.  When I cook - I make now use squash, zucchini or string beans instead.  I'm generally okay with all the other veggies. 
  • Options

As many of you mentioned, yeah, chicken seems to be a problem.  It doesn't gross me out, but I just don't want to eat it.

I've started to want shrimp - something I hadn't eaten years. 

• Options

Colas - Diet Dr Pepper has been the long-time favorite but just the thought is nasty now.

Also, as PPs mentioned, sex. Ummm, no thanks.

• Options
    I love milk, but since getting pregnant it appears that I am severely lactose-intolerant....this very much disappoints me because I just bought a package of Oreos.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Broccoli, chicken (finaly getting to where I can tolerate it again a bit) and Mexican food.  Just before I found out I was pg all I was eating seemed to be mexican food, especially guacamole.  The two times I've actually wanted Mexican, it promptly decided to not stay down.  Also, potato chips taste very different to me now.

BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BBQ chicken. It's all I used to eat, now it's repulsive.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh my, so many things. Coffee, ice cream, chocolate, and and random other things here and there.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Coffee :(
  • Options
    Panera and Potbellys...bleh :-(
  • Options
    Dr. pepper and mexican! :0(

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • Options
    Meat and Fried Foods.  YUCK!! Mostly Meat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It is by loving and not by being loved that one can come nearest to the soul of another. -- George MacDonald
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"