June 2011 Moms

Thinkibg about changing Bday party...thoughts?

L's party is small just DH and my siblings and parents 14 people including us three and we were planning a bbq this weekend at our place with intentions of being outside. Forecast is saying 90+ degrees with humidity. Would changing the location to a restaurant and ordering pizza and wings seem cheezy? Totally our style but is it silly for the gathering? We celebrated as a small family last week on her birthday  and this give the opportunity for family to see celebrate too. 

Should mention the only way for us all to eat inside would be separate levels or not at a table which seems rude for our guests. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thinkibg about changing Bday party...thoughts?

• I am sitting her contempating the same thing! We are having the bday party at a nearby park and it's supposed to be near 100 on Sunday. Crazy!

I think a restaurant would be fine! I'm considering changing the party to a local hall or my parents house. If it's at my parent's house there is no way everyone will be able to sit down at a table. I don't think it's a big deal.

• I would appreciate it as a guest actually. We have a party to go to this weekend at a park also and it's supposed to be 90+. I am dreading it....
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't see anything wrong with it, especially since it's just immediate family.  I would personally prefer the a/c vs the extreme heat.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I'm sure your guests won't mind not eating all together, as long as they have time to socialize.  At a BBQ, people don't typically all eat together since there's not usually enough seating.

I agree that your guests will most likely appreciate being out of the heat and humidity- especially the elderly and those with young kids. 

• it is damn hot right now!  i think changing to an indoor venue would be totally appropriate.  i agree with pp that guests will appreciate it.
  • I think everyone will understand and appreciate it. And this party is for your LO do it should be what's best for her! She will probably be more comfortable inside!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it would be appropriate to move it to a restuarant so that everyone can be cool in the heat, if that's what you want to do.

I also don't see a problem if you want to move it into your house(if you have AC) Not everyone needs to actually  be sitting at the table. As long as people can sit on the couch and such it shouldn't be a problem. Most of my family gatherings end up being like this.

DS's party was last weekend and it was pretty warm out but we could still be outside. People just floated in and out of the house to get cool or for a change of scenery.

Good luck....and enjoy the party no matter what you decide to do!

• I wish it were 90 here.  That'd be a cool front :P!

I'm sure people will have fun no matter what you do.  But if it's going to be outside, make sure your guests have plenty of water and shade, and they'll be fine.  But then again, I'm from Texas and the heat is expected.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"