August 2012 Moms

baby shopping spree!

DH and I just went to BRU and bought pretty much the rest of our registry. We left some stuff on there, but it was super fun. We had two carts of goodies! Now I can't wait to put it all away in his room! :) Fun date night!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby shopping spree!

• Fun! Enjoy putting everything away!
    Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did that right after my shower with the gift cards I got. So much fun! The BRU shipping credit annoys me though. I ended up doing a bunch of separate orders since you only get $20 towards shipping when you spend $100 or more. If they did $20 increments for every $100 you spend, it would make more sense.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • BRU is too overpriced for me. I can't justify buying from them when i can order thru amazon for like 10-20% less and its delivered to my door for free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemindymaske:
    BRU is too overpriced for me. I can't justify buying from them when i can order thru amazon for like 10-20% less and its delivered to my door for free

This is the problem I have with any store! I have a $25 gift card for BRU and I'm struggling with what to use it for. We went and looked at clothes and I just left angry because it was so expensive... of course, we have a gift card so we wouldn't be losing money, but it just bothers me! We also have about $130 in credit for Buy Buy Baby and I'm just going to force myself to spend it, since while I know I could buy everything for less on Amazon, I'd much rather not spend $100 of my money on what I can spend $130 of store credit on!

We went on an Amazon spree tonight, though. Finished our cloth diaper cover stash and got several other things, which means we are pretty much done! It's a great feeling. All we might do as time goes on is pick up a jumperoo and activity mat and maybe some random toys, all from a consignment shop. I just love knowing that the necessities are all accounted for. We don't have a nursery to set up but there is a big nook in our living room that will be a baby/play area, and right now it is filled with a tetris game of boxes. We need to fix that.

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • raza13raza13 member
    i'm doing that today!! i can't wait!!
  • raza13raza13 member

imagemindymaske:
    BRU is too overpriced for me. I can't justify buying from them when i can order thru amazon for like 10-20% less and its delivered to my door for free

i'm going to have to disagree. my experience is that many prices are comparable even to within a few cents difference. unless you buy from BRU online in which case the shipping is more. but we live pretty close to a BRU so the little gas we spend is worth it. Plus they've been giving me a ton of 20% coupons.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"