Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

What makes the "deluxe" Rock and Play "deluxe"?

Anybody know?  I can't figure it out from the descriptions.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What makes the "deluxe" Rock and Play "deluxe"?

• Options

...I'd guess that little bit of padding behind them?

I got our RnP just before all the fancy colored ones came out. I think they just had the pink and the yellow one. We have the yellow...IMO this isn't an item to spend a lot of money on. It's super useful if it works for you. But isn't used long and there's not much to the item to make it pricey. I think I paid $40 for our---I can't see paying much more than that.  We used ours for the first 6 weeks in our room at night. Visitors never saw it. It did it's job well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHappily Overwhelmed:

...I'd guess that little bit of padding behind them?

I got our RnP just before all the fancy colored ones came out. I think they just had the pink and the yellow one. We have the yellow...IMO this isn't an item to spend a lot of money on. It's super useful if it works for you. But isn't used long and there's not much to the item to make it pricey. I think I paid $40 for our---I can't see paying much more than that.  We used ours for the first 6 weeks in our room at night. Visitors never saw it. It did it's job well.

Agreed.

OP-  I think it is more like the snugabunny products. I think I read on here they aren't that great because they get too hot. I'd rather have the cheaper one and use a blanket or swaddle to be able to manage temperature better.

image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    More padding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I think it is just the extra thick plush padding near the baby's head, which to me makes the produce less safe. I'd go with the regular one. The deluxe doesn't seem worth the extra money to me.
  • Options
    imageMrsJetSet:

OP-  I think it is more like the snugabunny products. I think I read on here they aren't that great because they get too hot. I'd rather have the cheaper one and use a blanket or swaddle to be able to manage temperature better.

We returned the Snuggabunny one and bought the cheaper one for that very reason. My baby was way too hot in that plush burrito.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We bought the deluxe version because if you read the reviews on amazon, there is a hard plastic piece behind the head that alot of people's babies got flat head syndrome from.  The the point that some had to get helmets.  If you get the cheap one, but something under it for cushion and make sure you move your baby's head from side to side.
  • Options
    The deluxe version was created because many people's babies were getting flat heads from the original. The deluxe is softer and more padded. We have it. I don't consider it a safety hazard ( and I am a SIDS freak) . My son doesn't get hot it in. You could also get the regular one and then use the Boppy Noggin' Nest, if you want to - but then the price is pretty much the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the regular one and I added extra padding ourselves under it which you can easily do. Our son did have plagiocephaly, and it had nothing to do with the RNP. He had torticollis and other issues such as low muscle tone that contributed. Flat head can happen anywhere. There are usually other reasons why it happens.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"