October 2012 Moms

my first vent...

So, my Brother ask if my mom and I would watch his kids this weekend( he has 3, 9, almost 4, and almost 3) we agreed because he is taking my dad out trout fishing for his birthday. He has since arrived to drop off the kids, and I'm looking through their things to see what he brought and I get to the diaper and there are 6 not counting the ones on there butts, neither boy is potty trained. I still don't understand why Wyatt who is almost 4 is still in diapers, but not my kid I can't so anything about it, but seriously 6 for the entire weekend, yeah so now I have to make a trip to the store and pick up more and he isn't paying for them, and it's hard to say anything because my mom lives with us( both parents have physical disabilities and I'm a disabled vet so its easier if we live together beings DH is the only one who can work and disability checks only go so far) and they are her grandkids, but sister is tired of picking up the bill, he constantly asks for loans, he never picks the kids up on time, and can be late by 2 full days getting them, hardly ever brings enough diapers, AND my parents let him get away with it! I'm 5 years younger and I own my house I pay my bills on time and don't ask for help every freak-in week for help with gas or food, parents do pay part of the bills as rent. Brother and SIL both have jobs that make way more than all of us combined, they just won the lawsuit over their trailer so they have no mortgage or rent, and again they are constantly asking for money and not bringing enough supplies for their kids. sorry so long but I'm really moody from the heat, thanks for listening
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers image image
October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.

Re: my first vent...

• Girl even without all the financial info you gave I'd be ticked about the lack of supplies.  Common sense says that you bring enough supplies for your kids.  I'd probably pack too much, if there is such a thing when it comes to diapers. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• You can put your foot down. Before he leaves go through everything and let him know if he is missing anything. If he is, make himgo get it. If he is late, that's his problem. Or give him the reciepts and tell him the total of what he owes you. Refuse to babysit again until he pays you back. You have a say on about how much you let him walk all over you.

imageimageimage"Image">image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd sit him down and have a serious talk with him one day. That's unacceptable behavior, even without getting into the financials.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"