LGBT Parenting

TTC adventures

I just need to vent a bit about how much WORK all this is.

Things were looking awesome.  We were set up for day 3 bloodwork this cycle, had plans to ship some sperm and meet our donor in Chicago the day before predicted ovulation for a fresh insem too.  I just had to order the sperm shippers, and we were all set.

And then, for no reason we can discern (although I saw it coming on the chart), C had a 26 day cycle this month instead of her usual 29 or 30.  10 day luteal phase, enough to make me scratch my head and consider worrying if it happens again (this is the second short luteal phase since we started charting).  Now CD3 is Saturday, and our doc's office isn't open on Saturday.  So I'm on the phone to find a lab open on Saturday, to get the lab order faxed to me so we can bring it to a lab tomorrow.  Have to get the sperm shippers ordered and to our donor ASAP because he's leaving for a trip and will need to take the shippers with him.  Will he have a freezer where he's staying?  Will any of this work at all?  AAAAHHHHHH!!!

Trying to look on the bright side.  We have the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor now, so that will make getting the timing right easier.  The shippers will get to him on time because they are shipped overnight.  We worked out the day 3 bloodwork.  Just breathe.

I know other couples are dealing with much bigger issues than my silly timing and phone call issues, I'm just annoyed.  This is so much work!  I just want a baby! 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts

Re: TTC adventures

• it is so crazy so so so crazy what we do ...

HUGS and one day you will laugh at it all or you wont even be able to remember it !

OY !!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • imagehlke:

I just need to vent a bit about how much WORK all this is.

Yes times one million and twelve.  If I had a nickel for every time TTC has royally f-ed up my plans I'd have enough money to pay for fertility treatment.  Sorry you're dealing with it too, especially with the stress of a KD's schedule and needs to deal with too.

Also, regarding the start of cycle bloodwork you can definitely do it on CD2 (my doctor actually orders it for then) and I suspect another day on either side is really no biggie either.  

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehlke:

I know other couples are dealing with much bigger issues than my silly timing and phone call issues, I'm just annoyed.  This is so much work!  I just want a baby! 

Yes and no.  I'm not saying there aren't couples out there with bigger issues (IF, financial barriers, loss, etc), but you're dealing with some very complicated coordination -- it's totally OK to vent about it!  I think it's awesome to be able to hand-pick a person but in some ways it's easier to deal with a vial of sperm, for all the reasons you listed -- so in that way, you have it a little harder than I do.  On the other hand your odds are probably better and it's a lot cheaper!  There's almost no easy way to do what we're doing.  If it's not coordinating your donor's schedule, it's coordinating your RE monitoring appointments, or whatever.  It all sucks and I would like to be done with it please. :)

Hopefully we all will be soon...and by "done" I mean "pregnant"!

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry it's such a wild ride for you right now! 

I can tell you that there's a good chance that because of crazy timing, my son was conceived after an artificial insemination that happened on the floor of an apartment of a random acquaintance of our donor, a woman whose name I'll never know, 4 hours from my house...and 4 hours from me.  So, crazy TTC adventures happen...and babies happen out of them!  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LV1979LV1979 member
    I have decided that TTC is the biggest emotional, financial, and difficult rollercoaster I have ever been on.  Good Luck !!!
    We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • hlkehlke member

imageball.and.chain:

There's almost no easy way to do what we're doing.

Isn't that the truth.

Thank you all for your support.  I definitely was in one of the "downs" of the ups and downs of TTC.  We got the bloodwork done with almost no problem - the order didn't have a dignosis code on it for insurance.  I told them to do the draw and we'll deal with it if our insurance doesn't pay.  And the sperm shippers are ordered and will arrive Friday.

It is good to remember that any choice of way to conceive is going to have its own ups and downs and crazy issues.  We're committed to the known donor process, even with the drawbacks of coordinating three schedules over 1000 miles and slightly irregular cycles.  And yes, hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"