C-sections

rcs scheduled for noon...wanted early morning???

I would have preferred to have my c-section first thing in the morning, so I could get my catheter out that night, walk around the same day etc.  Now it is scheduled for noon.  None of my others have been at that point.  One was in the middle of the night, one was first thing in the morning.  I am going to talk to the OB and see if there is any wiggle room with the scheduling, but if I had to make it the day before or after to get the time I want would you suggest it?  Anyone have a c-section in the middle of the day and still be able to get up/walk around later that night, etc.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: rcs scheduled for noon...wanted early morning???

• I had one at 10 am and was able to walk before 5 pm and got my catheter out that evening (I think a little after 10 pm).  It's not as late as yours but I was able to move around and get stuff out that I wanted.  Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a CS at 4 PM, and was able to walk from hospital bed to a lounge chair by 9 PM.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was born at 9am, my catheter was out by 5pm (with the threat that if I didn't urinate in a certain time frame, I'd be cath'ed again), and I was walking around by 6 or so.  Even with surgery at noon, you should still be able to get the cath out & be up walking around before you go to bed that night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 2nd was scheduled for 8 am but because of other emergencies, I wasn't in the OR till 12:15 pm. I was up that evening (6-7 pm).

In my opinion, try getting up and walking 6 hours after the surgery, no matter what time of day it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • My child was born via c/s at 11:40a. I know I was up and about that night, but not entirely sure by when. I know it was still daylight, which in Jan, ends fairly early.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a CS around Noon...though, I didnt find out I was having one until 11-ish (Natural Complications) Anywho, after the procedure, I was up and walking around late that night...my nursing team wanted to make sure I had complete feeling of my legs before I was cleared and removed from my catheter.
    One Hipster Mommy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks everyone!   Feeling much better about it and think I will just leave it scheduled for noon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had one at 3 pm and was up out of bed that night (although in terrible pain doing so).  The catheter came out first thing the next morning.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Meh, I don't think it much matters.  DS's c/s was at 11:30am, and the nurse got me up that night to walk - it was probably 9 or 10pm?  It's not like the nurses leave at 5pm, kwim?  I walked a few times during the night, had my cath out first thing in the morning, and showered right after that.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't remember specific timing, but I do remember with my second, which was my first RSC, I told the nurses that I wanted to walk ASAP. The one looked at me and said "good girl, I'll be back in an hour and we will get you going" I think if you let them know that you want to walk and get up and moving, they will support you since they know it is the best way to heal, but they don't push in case you are leery.  Just a theory. 

• I had an early morning one and couldn't walk until the next day. When I tried with the nurse on the first day, I almost collasped because I was so dizzy. I'm the type to just go with the flow, even if you have it "scheduled" earlier, if there's an emergency cs, you'll be bumped back.
  • I've had all 3 first thing in the morning and have NOT been allowed out of bed until the next day (24hours). 
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Mine was at 1pm and I was able to walk around 7/8pm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My next c/s is @ 11:30am and I was a little disappointed that it wasn't scheduled for earlier.  Grace was born at 7:45am and I was asking the nurses by probably around 2pm that I wanted to get up.  They needed to unhook me from some stuff before I could get up and they needed another nurse present blah blah blah so it took till like 4 or 5 to get me up and around.  I want to say that even going that early, I don't think my cath came out till the next day.  I really hope I'll be up moving around by dinner time this time around.  I especially hope it won't hold me up in the hospital longer since it's mid day-ish.  I want out by Saturday like before after a Wednesday c/s.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • My csection was at 10:15 am and I had my catheter out the next morning.  They were going to take it out late that night but the nurse told me I could leave it in till early morning so I could get a good nights rest without having to get up to go to the bathroom.  I was up walking right after. Even though I waited longer than most to get up, I was still doing well and able to go home two days after delivery.
  • My daughter was born at 1:53 pm... catheter would have come out by midnight but I had horribly spells of vomitting from the pain meds and wasn't producing enough output so I had the catheter in for 24 hours. 

But - I was up and washed up around 4 the next morning.   

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"