November 2011 Moms

Anyone had their LO sleepover somewhere yet?

Like at grandmas house without you?

MIL is watching DD so I can go out with some friends tonight and yesterday she said, "you know, if I didn't have to work on Saturday morning I could just keep DD over night."  Instantly, in my head I thought, ummmmNO, are you freaking insane?!?! 

As long as I'm still nursing I don't plan on spending the night away from DD.  I would so much rather get up a little early with her and nurse her, than get to sleep in and have to pump (even though I know I wouldn't sleep at all, not knowing what to do without her in the house!).

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone had their LO sleepover somewhere yet?

• LO has stayed over with the IL's once so far, back over the winter actually, so DH and I could get a little break. I really didn't want to leave him but it turned out fine =) I don't think I will do it on a routine basis but it's nice to know if we ever want to take a little weekend holiday.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • I have a couple of times with my mom. I have not let anyone else watch her at all. My mom watches her all week while I am at work so I know she can handle her. 

It is hard because I miss her when she is gone , but a good nights sleep is really necessary sometimes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Last weekend was DS2's first night away. I wasn't nearly as anxious about leaving him as I was DS1 at this age. Don't get me wrong, I still cried- but just a little. ;)

But, LO is FF so that makes it easier to leave him.

If you decide to leave her enjoy your time away! :) 

• My mom has kept him once overnight (when he was two week). 

I would have no problem letting my mom keep him again but I'm sure when it happens, it will be a lot harder than the first time.  

• Yes he stay's overnight with my parents about once a month.  He does great with my mom, I trust her completely.  My MIL has only watched him at our house for 2 hours at the MOST.  She gets a little flustered with him at times so no overnights at her place anytime soon.  Next weekend is the first time we will be leaving him for 2 nights, we are going to Kansas City for the weekend (about 3 hrs away).  I'm nervous but I know he'll be fine.  We leave in Nov. for a whole week to Jamaica, now that worries me A LOT!  
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our DD slept over at my IL's 2 months ago bc DH and I had a wedding that was a pretty far drive. She had a bit of a hard time at first but she was teething at the time. Once she had tylenol for the pain she was great for them and slept straight through the night. My IL's have 8 grandchildren, so I know they are completely capable and I trust them 100%. Sometimes you don't have a choice, and sometimes you just need a good nights sleep!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer to wait until LO is STTN to have someone else do overnight care. The first time we left DS he was just over a year old and not quite STTN. DD will likely be at least a year old as well

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am with pp, I would want to wait until LO is STTN. He was STTN the night until about a month ago and now he wakes up at least twice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO was 6 months old the first time. I went to a bachelorette party at a lake and it was an over night thing. I almost said no but it turned out ok. My mom kept him and i was asleep by 9am! It was amazing:)
  • DD has slept over about once a month at my mom's. It is just easier that way so we don't have to wake her up to bring her home late at night when we wanna go out. She STTN at home but not always at grandma's.
  • Um, yes. Maybe it's because this is my second child, but DS has had numerous sleepovers at both grandparents' house. I have a 3 year old, too, and both sets of grandparents love doing sleepovers with both kids. It's a great chance for DH and I to get some much needed alone time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, my parents keep both kids occasionally overnight when DH & I go out (in addition to keeping them on Tues & Thurs while I work)-- since we'd get come to get them after they were already down for the night, it's just easier to let them sleep & get them the next day. My parents encourage us to sleep in, run errands, grab lunch, etc before picking them up. They're awesome.
  • I am with you, valerieann. MIL made a similar comment about how DS will stay the night with her and she'll "take" him for a week in the summer sometime and I'm like uhhhNO. He will have plenty of time over his life to go stay with her. I don't see why it is necessary to rush it. Especially since he is so dependent on me and won't understand why he is there, in a new place without me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"