October 2011 Moms

Rude people!

So I went to the mall today with Alastair. We ended up at Thyme Maternity. We are chatting with the clerk and another lady who happened to be due the same day when lady number three, let's call her cuntnugget (Cn) points at hi and says

Is he yours?

Me: yes

Cn: and you are having another one? Don't you know how birth control works?

Me: well, I do. Do you?

Cn: and you are still having two within what....a year?

Me: sure, but why do you care?

Cn: and you are not even from here.

Me: no, but us immigrants are like rabbits, you know. Just cannot help it.

Cn: I did not say that.

Me: no, but you implied it.

Cn....

Me: are you married?

Cn: I don't see how that is anything of you business.

Me. No, but neither is me having kids yours. So are you?

Cn: I....

Me: so no. Was your pregnancy planned?

Cn: I don't have to answer that!

Me: no. But was it?

Cn ran out of the store at that point. I apologized to the clerk for chasing her off. The lady just said she wasn't interested in selling that lady anything anyways. The other lady just shook her head. What is it with people? There were kids around, otherwise I would have probably started out with a f'uck off and ended similar.

Grrrrrr. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rude people!

• You are awesome.
  • imagecantalopes24:
    You are awesome.

Thank you. I am still flabbergasted that that actually happened. 

Plus, sometimes when the whole immigrant thing comes up, I feel like screaming. I am from Germany, goddammit, it's not like I traded up (or down even, I just traded. Evenly.)!!!! 

• Loading the player...

"Nita Pregnant Warrior Princess"

You are Bad Azz

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • How do these things keep happening to you? I've had people make comments here and there but nothing like the nut jobs who like to say sh!t to you. At least you know how to put people in their place, go Nita!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenicki731:
    How do these things keep happening to you? I've had people make comments here and there but nothing like the nut jobs who like to say sh!t to you. At least you know how to put people in their place, go Nita!!

Trouble has its way of finding me, always has. I guess I just look like someone who takes it or something.  

• I am ashamed of that canadian, may she have a hard labor ans such.

im sorry people are twats!  

• What a b!tch. I'm glad you showed her what an idiot she was being. Maybe she'll think twice next time.
  • I think the powers that be funnel these people to you because they need a smack down, and you can be counted on to bring it!
  • LCassLCass member

imageoverture:
    I think the powers that be funnel these people to you because they need a smack down, and you can be counted on to bring it!

That's a great explanation for it.  I've always been floored at the stories I've read on TB of rude strangers and told DH I think I haven't encountered anything even remotely like it because we're in Canada.  But you disprove that, so it must be what overture said - these people need someone to knock some sense into them and you're just the pregnant warrior (love that pip!) for the job.  Way to go, Nita!  And I don't blame you for getting pissed off about the immigrant comments, especially considering what a multicultural society we have and how much (most) Canadians take pride in that fact.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• WOW - Good for you for putting her in her place.  Some people really don't know what jerks they are.  Sheesh!
    Jen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageoverture:
    I think the powers that be funnel these people to you because they need a smack down, and you can be counted on to bring it!

I like that idea. Really, I do. Doesn't make it less annoying but I do enjoy the thought of being the Robin Hood of bad behavior and douchebagery.

My DH kept saying it is impossible that stuff like that always happens to only one person with no reason until he was there for a few times.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"