January 2012 Moms
Options

Errr... anyone go out for a fun night yet?

Okay so I guess H and I were invited to a little party/get together type thing someone at his work is hosting it. H wants me to go, and I know he won't go if I don't. but I really want to get out. I've only ever left my baby with H to go grocery shopping, and to go to class for 4 hours. Now, when I'be practiced goving him bottles at night he never fussed even a little bit. I've done this when I wanted to have a few drinks & relax... and it worked very well.. Eh, now that I think about it though.. I'm not still sure I want to go. Anyways though.. to the point: habe you ever left LO for a night?; How'd it go? tell us about it? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Errr... anyone go out for a fun night yet?

• Options
    Oh geez, I posted on the wrong board. Meant to post on February 2012! Oh well... you can still answer! lol.
  • Options
    I've been out during the day without the baby but only once did my husband and I go out one evening. It was to a friend's wedding and even though our in laws were with the baby and he was safely sleeping, I was so tired we had to leave at 10.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've been out a few times, I think it's important to have some alone time with DH and be able to go out with our friends from time to time. I also think its good for LO to be comfy with other people. My sister and my parents watch him when we go out and I fully trust them. That being said, he first time we went out was hard and I checked in a lot but everything went smoothly

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    We sent both girls (2 & 4 months at the time) to my parents for the night for our anniversary.  Granted I bottle feed and my daughter has been sleeping through the night since 2 1/2 months, and yes it was a long time away, but it went fine.  She didn't really sleep through the night that night so I felt bad for my mom and I wouldn't normally leave my babies that young, but we really felt that we needed to reconnect, so we did what we had to do.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options

imageRedsoxchick:
    We've been out a few times, I think it's important to have some alone time with DH and be able to go out with our friends from time to time. I also think its good for LO to be comfy with other people. My sister and my parents watch him when we go out and I fully trust them. That being said, he first time we went out was hard and I checked in a lot but everything went smoothly

This.  Hubby and I really feel it's important to be able to have 'us' time.  We go out for a few hours every Sunday night, leaving LO with my Mom or my Aunt.  However, there have been about 3 nights where we have left DS with my Mother or Hubby's Dad over night.  The first time was very very difficult for both of us, but we trust the people we leave him with and it always turns out perfectly every time.  Who ever we leave him with usually sends us a couple of texts through out the time we're gone with little updates, and we call once in a while to check in.  Like PP said - alone time is important and so is away time for LO.  I think it's really important for LO to be comfortable with other people.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've gone out several times, and she has spent the night at my MIL twice now. My MIL loves to have her, and I don't mind the break!
  • Options
    Not only have I had a fun night out, I had a fun weekend away. I felt worse about it than LO did.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"