1st Trimester
Options

Painting / Respirator?

I know they say to use low VOC or no VOC paints - but my husband just isn't a painter - - do you think this mask would make things safe? I plan on painting a dresser and the primer I want to use is spray and I can do it outside, but I still worry about the chemicals and things that are in the can... anyone have any advice? We have 2 rooms and a dresser to paint... 

The 3M P100 Half-Face Mold Remediation and Lead Abatement Respirator Kit helps prevent exposure to mold, spores and odors. The face mask is made of soft, lightweight material making it easy to breath.

• Helps reduce exposure to mold, spores and odors
  • Made of soft, lightweight material
  • Low maintenance with replaceable filters
  • Easy breathing
  • NIOSH classification P100; Meets OSHA Standards
  • Particulate Filters, P100 with Nuisance Level Organic Vapor Relief
  • Kit contains one TM Half Face piece Respirator 6000 Series and one pair of TM Particulate Filters 2097
  • MFG Brand Name : 3M Tekk Protection
  • MFG Model # : 6297PA1-A
  • MFG Part # : R6297-M
Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Painting / Respirator?

• Options
    I did A LOT of painting with both pregnancies. My husband can't cut in on paint to save his life, so I had to do it. I also painted furniture. Stained furniture. Lots of things. I didn't just use the white masks though, I got I guess the one step higher? Just to make sure it would last longer. I didn't want to have to just throw it out. It was grayish with a little filtery thing attached to it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. Sounds like you are being very cautious.  I'd spray the dresser outside, can't hurt to wear the mask too - then get away from it while it's drying.  When you are painting the dresser/rooms just use the zero VOC paint.  I'd be more concerned about what's in the spray that's going to be sitting on the dresser in the room with everyone breathing it in - including the baby.  There are lots of options out there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"