December 2011 Moms
Options

A nap question... (yep, again)

If LO takes an extra good morning nap do you delay or change the afternoon nap in any way? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A nap question... (yep, again)

• Options
    No way, Jose!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A good nap only happens if I'm holding her or laying down too. She's been napping for an hour and 20 minutes so far. For her next nap she's on her own. She will either sleep in her Stroller or be put in her pack n play once she's asleep. Either way, she will only stay asleep for 35-45 min. I am content with one long nap per day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. Never. He typically does 45 min up to 1.5 hrs in the am about 2 hours or so after he wakes for the day. That nap is usually 7:30-8:30 or so. Next nap is in the car at 11:45 ish and lately has lasted at least an hr and I'm wasting away in my car running gas in my Parkin lot. Sometimes we will get a 3:30 or 4:00 25 min nap. Bedtime is usually between 7-8

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options

imageCountingUp:
    A good nap only happens if I'm holding her or laying down too. She's been napping for an hour and 20 minutes so far. For her next nap she's on her own. She will either sleep in her Stroller or be put in her pack n play once she's asleep. Either way, she will only stay asleep for 35-45 min. I am content with one long nap per day.

Content as in you won't try for another nap? 

I'm not pushing two long naps. Heck, I'm not pushing one long nap (though they are nice). I'd just like the child to sleep and not be crabby! 

I normally put him in the PnP at 9:30ish then again at 2ish. I guess I'm asking if I should keep it that way regardless. Or if at 2 he's not showing tired signs push it off until he starts rubbing his eyes, etc. 

• Options
    We still try for 3/day. If she's not ready we play for another 20-30 then try again.
  • Options

imageCountingUp:
    We still try for 3/day. If she's not ready we play for another 20-30 then try again.

We do this too...I found watching his cues worked better for us than following a time schedule.  Although now that I've typed that it is working for us, I'm sure it won't anymore...that's how it goes right? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageHappily Overwhelmed:

imageCountingUp:

I'm not pushing two long naps. Heck, I'm not pushing one long nap (though they are nice). I'd just like the child to sleep and not be crabby! 

I normally put him in the PnP at 9:30ish then again at 2ish. I guess I'm asking if I should keep it that way regardless. Or if at 2 he's not showing tired signs push it off until he starts rubbing his eyes, etc. 

How long is the 9:30 nap? He may need to go down sooner. I hits meltdown city at the 2.5 hour mark so I aim for him to go down 2 hours after waking. 
  • Options
    imageSoftSpot:
    imageHappily Overwhelmed:

imageCountingUp:

How long is the 9:30 nap? He may need to go down sooner. I hits meltdown city at the 2.5 hour mark so I aim for him to go down 2 hours after waking. 

It varies so heavily. Sometimes it only lasts 20-30 minutes. Other times 2 hours. I was trying to lay him down every 2-2.5 hours regardless. But then he'd just look at me like "are you kidding lady?".

• Options
    I let him dictate everything. I am probably not doing it right but our lives sometimes get busy and I feel like we need him to be flexible. So he naps when he is tired with no set times or anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nooooo! Sleep begets sleep. She gets overtired after 2 hours on avg. If a nap was only 20-30 mins, she's usually ready to go down again after 1.5 hrs. If she takes a good 1.5-2 hour nap, she might make it 2.5 hrs. We follow the Baby Whisperer's EASY routine so I keep an eye on the clock but I watch her cues as well. 
  • Options
    Yes. My second nap time is not a set time. I just usually aim for 3 hrs awake time since the first nap. I can only accomplish this after a 2 hr first nap. If its an hour to an hour and a half then it is usually followed by a 2.5 hr wake time. Of course these numbers change (go up) every 4 weeks or so. 
    **Meagan** Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"