Baby Names

Thoughts on Penelope

What do you think about the name Penelope with the nickname Penny? Too old fashioned? Getting too popular? Too cutesy? Or two thumbs up?

Thanks!! :)

Re: Thoughts on Penelope

• I love it. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • I love it.  I have taught all girls for 10 years and have had only 1 Penelope.  I am not a huge fan of the nickname Penny but really like Penelope.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • It's my DH's choice for our hypothetical DD#2.  It's getting too popular for my taste.  But I do like all the nn options (Penny, Poppy, Lola, Nellie, Polly).   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love love love it!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I have a cousin named Penelope and goes by Penny. She's awesome so I'm a fan of the name by what I associate it with :)
  • I love it but prefer the NN Nell or Nellie. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • It's cute! I like the nn Poppy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Love Penelope, strongly dislike Penny. Poppy is cute for a young child, maybe a little silly for an adult.
  • I love it!Yes
    BabyName Ticker
  • It's at the top of our list but also dislike Penny.
    Birthday

• Johnny Carson killed this name for me for ever.  I was a little kid when I watched him do a bit about how silly the name Penelope is.  During the bit, he mentioned that it looks like it should be pronounced the same way as ENVELOPE.  To this day, all I can think of is a pronunciation akin to envelope! LOL
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Love the name, and love the nn Poppy.  It doesn't sound good with our last name, or that's what we would be naming this baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I want to like it but it's NMS :/ Love Penny though...
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Penelope is very pretty. Penny is cute, but too juvenile for me to want her to use it once she goes to school.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I hate this name big time. Sorry.

It gets a lot of love on here, but I just don't understand it.

It is recognizable and spelled right, so there's nothing wrong with it, it's just definitely not for me.

• LOVE THIS NAME! :D

It's on our short list for future babies...I really like all the common nicknames for it too: Poppy, Penny, Nell/Nellie.

Cute and classic. Yes

BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • This is our name for a girl if that's what this LO is :)
  • I like Penelope, but dislike the nn Penny

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Thank you everyone for your input! Funny enough, I didn't like it at all the first time I heard it...it has grown on me.  I never thought of the nn Poppy - that is cute.
  • Love (see signature below)!  Especially with the nn Penny.  I've only met one young Penelope and she didn't have a nn.  I only wish my DH would be on board with it.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• AWESOME name!! Best ever for a girl (I say as I'm rocking my Penelope to sleep).

Mine has a lot of nns, none of them Penny. She's primarily Lola or Peep. Sometimes she's Peenalope. :) The many nicknaming options were a big factor in our decision. DH and I both go by nns. GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"