Baby Names

Critique girl's name

Our first daughter is Maya Marie Duff___ (pronounced like rough w/ a "d")

I personally LOVE the name Daphne... thoughts on

1. Maya and Daphne sib set

2. Daphne Elizabeth (my middle name)

3. Daphne Duff___ (is the Daff and Duff absolutely horrible together? :/ )

ETA - 

4. The name Daphne in general, for all age stages baby through adult

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Critique girl's name

• Love Daphne. Love the sibset. Love Daphne Elizabeth. Not a huge fan of alliteration. I feel like Daphne ages well and is adorable for a baby. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • aveehaveeh member
    I love Daphne too and think it would age well.  But with your last name it sounds a little too much like Daffy Duck to me, sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear Daffy Duck!
  • I agree with PP, cute in every way except does not go well with Duff. 
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • Thanks ladies, see daffy duck is exactly what I was thinking! But I do love the name so much, I'm not sure what it is about it... it just makes my heart warm (I know, cheesy haha)

The alliteration with DD's FN&MN wasn't thought about... Maya was a last minute (as in I was in labor and decided) pick and Marie had been planned because it is a family "tradition" on FI's side (his mom, and 2 sisters both share it as a MN)

I have come to really like the Maya Marie alliteration but I feel like Daphne Duff___ would be a bit much.... so do I just go for it (after all chances are pretty high that she'll get married anyway and it will change) because I love it, or just no?

It's such a tug and pull for me

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• LOVE all of it. I adore Daphne. And there are worse things than sounding vaguely like Daffy Duck when the full name is used at once. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me, it would be a no go with your last name...sorry.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • irerirer member

imageaveeh:
    I love Daphne too and think it would age well.  But with your last name it sounds a little too much like Daffy Duck to me, sorry.

I agree with this.  Sorry, OP. Love the name Daphne but would not work with your last name.  Same thing happened to us.  We love the name Beatrice, but with our last name, it would sound like a cartoon character. Boo.  

• imageaveeh:

All of this.  I wish it didn't sound like Daffy Duck but sadly, it does.  :( 

• imageaveeh:
    with your last name it sounds a little too much like Daffy Duck to me, sorry.

That's exactly what I thought of.  I'm not a big fan of Daphne to begin with.  How about Chloe?  Is that too popular for your taste?  I like Maya and Chloe as a sib set.

• imageelfchique:
    Love Daphne. Love the sibset. Love Daphne Elizabeth. Not a huge fan of alliteration. I feel like Daphne ages well and is adorable for a baby. 

All of this exactly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like Daphne and think its a great sibset with Maya..   I have to say though I am not a huge fan of it with Duff
  • Love Daphne... but with your ln I hear Daffy Duck.

• If a slew of grown women immediately think of Daffy Duck, imagine the torture your daughter will have to endure throughout school.  
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • imageelfchique:
    Love Daphne. Love the sibset. Love Daphne Elizabeth. Not a huge fan of alliteration. I feel like Daphne ages well and is adorable for a baby. 

All of this. Daphne is so pretty!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Love Daphne, but not sure Daphne Duff is a kind thing to name your child. Sorry. Our last name rules out a lot of names I love too; so I feel your pain.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"