Stay at Home Moms

Former corporate job

Is anyone a sahm that previously had a corporate job? What was your experience leaving? Did you try to transition into becoming a sahm by reducing hours or workload? How much notice did you give before you left? When did you know it was time to quit? I'm debating if I should go part time or quit. My corporate job is very demanding and I want my family to be the higher priority.

Re: Former corporate job

• I was a SAHM and now I am a SAHM that works too. I worked for one of the largest banks as a PM so I was working insane hours, no real time to be able to express milk even though they set up a room for me to do so. I talked to my boss about flex hours so I started out working part time from home and part time in the office. With the type of job it was, it just demanded more coverage and I couldnt keep up both ends. My milk supply was suffering, I didnt feel like my DD was getting the care she deserved, and my work was suffering.

I talked to my manager about leaving and gave two weeks notice. He requested I stay on until they hire a replacement so I could train the person. I agreed and in the meantime he allowed me to work from home unless I had a meeting I needed to attend in person.

While I was training the new hire one of my peers approached me about a job she had opening up on her team soon and she thoght I might be interested since I was leaving this job. I explained I was leaving to stay at home with my daughter, not because they fired me and she said she would get back to me about if I could do it from home 100%. I ended up being a SAHM for about 7 months then transitioned into my current role where I stay at home with my daughter but I have VERY flexible hours and get paid a decent salary.

I don't know which industry you are in but you might want to look into telecommuter positions if they have those for what you do. It isn't easy by any means to do both, I have had to schedule all my meetings on M,W, or F and pay a nanny to help on those days thta I have conference calls.

Your family can be your top priority without you being a SAHM mom though. There are plenty of jobs out there with flex hours or easier work loads so that you can be home when you feel you need to be.

Good luck with your search and decision. It definitely isn't an easy one to make.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"