Two Under 2
Options

Success with TTC will mean 2U2...

How do you ladies like it? The few people I know IRL with 2U2 say it was really hard at first, but after a certain point it was amazing and they were so glad that they had their LO's so close!

If all goes as planned we will have an 18month old when LO#2 is born. 

Everyone always says "really? you want two in diapers..." , that doesn't really seem like a turn off to me. What does make me kind of nervous, even though I have always wanted my kids close in age, is...

attention, I sort of feel like I'll be "jipping" DD

how I would do it, I'm a SAHM and I was so so exhausted with DD... will it be easier/will I be able to do the newborn thing with a toddler?? maybe, for the simple reason that I will HAVE to so I'll adapt almost without realizing it?

Any thoughts, any major pros that you have found out after living with 2U2? any cons that maybe you didn't think about until it was upon you :)?

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Success with TTC will mean 2U2...

• Options

My two are 19 months apart. Yes, it's hard some days, but I wouldn't trade it. The girls adore each other already and I can't wait to see them grow up together. We are on the fence about having a third, if we do we'll leave a larger gap (closer to 2-2.5 years), but since it's very possible these two will be it I'm glad they are close in age. I think it will make it easier for things like family vacations, swimming lessons, sports activities, etc. 

I don't feel like we "jipped" DD1 out of anything by giving her a sister. She may not have my undivided attention any more, but she has a sister. She's learning how love grows and spreads and can be shared. She's learning to live with other people and share and take turns and be gentle. Each of the girls still gets special time with both mommy and daddy individually, but we get to have a lot of special family time, too. To me, all of that outweighs the loss of undivided attention.

The only real con to me, and the reason I would want a larger gap between 2 and 3, is the sleep deprivation. DD1 wasn't STTN when I got pregnant again, I don't sleep well when pregnant, and both of my girls had/have chronic ear infections that disrupt their sleep. Between all of that, I have had very few solid nights of sleep in the last 3 years.  

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hi memali26, congrats! I see you are also a Dec 2011 momma!

I think their age difference will be around 15 months not 18 =) 

I am also pregnant and expecting in Feb 2013! Welcome to the 2u2 group!!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejuepnunes:

Hi memali26, congrats! I see you are also a Dec 2011 momma!

I think their age difference will be around 15 months not 18 =) 

I am also pregnant and expecting in Feb 2013! Welcome to the 2u2 group!!

My 2u2 are already here and wrecking havoc on the world :) I'm a Feb 2010 and Sept 2011 mom, they are a week-ish shy of 19 months apart.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"