3rd Trimester
Options

car seat inspection?

Does anyone know of a website where we can find out where we can take our car seat to make sure it's installed properly?

Our hospital and local police only does it on certain afternoons, and of course we aren't available during the week to have this done.   I was hoping to find a local fire company or something like that that we could do this.

Re: car seat inspection?

• Options
    Call the closest fire station and see if one of their firefighters is car seat certified and then find out the next couple shifts he/she works. Or find out which stations have car seat inspectors.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Go to www.seatcheck.org. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In addition to the websites others have listed, you may find a website for the region or state you live in. My state has a site with a pretty extensive listing, which include individuals who can come to you and do the inspection for a small fee or tip. 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    BefuelBefuel member

Our hospital provides them free of charge on certain days of the week. I would check with your hospital as well. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I also found that while the police departments usually have certain hours they offer it, you can usually call and make an appt to come by at a different time. Fire stations are typically the same way.  I had the same problem in that the hours were 9-10am on a Tuesday or 2-4 on a Thursday.  Okay, well what about for those of us who work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Call the PD or the FD and explain that you are working full time.  You'll likely have better luck with the FD since they generally work 24 hour shifts.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"