Baby Names

Help me choose our baby girl's name!

My husband and I are gunshy at choosing a name if our baby is a girl. Let me know which of the five you like or if you have any suggestions! Thanks :-)

Sylvia Lynn Anderson (my great grandmother was named Sylvia, my mom's midlde name is Lynn)

Neva Lynn Anderson (my husband's grandmother was named Neva)

Isabelle Lynn Anderson

Vivienne Lynn Anderson

Lillian Jane Anderson (my husband's mother's name is Jane)

Thank you for your help!

I'm a New Year's Mama! BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Help me choose our baby girl's name!

• My favorites are Lillian Jane and Isabelle Lynn! Beautiful! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SJS622SJS622 member
    Beautiful names, I love Neva Lynn. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Sylvia Lynn is so sweet and under used!

Is Neva said as Nee-va or Nev-ah? 

• I love Lillian Jane. I also love the name Isabelle but I'm not so sure I like it with Lynn. Either way though, both are beautiful names!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sylvia Lynn Anderson -while Sylvia is nms, it is pretty, and I like the significance of the name.

Neva Lynn Anderson - See Sylvia

Isabelle Lynn Anderson - Isabelle is a nice name, it's just obscenely popular

Vivienne Lynn Anderson- I love this name, it's my favorite from your list, it was on our short list for girl names. 

Lillian Jane Anderson This is also a very pretty name. This is my second favorite on your list. 

Nice list overall! Vivienne is my favorite on the list. I think I would like the name better as Vivienne Jane though.  Vivienne and Lynn rhyme just a little.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lillian Jane. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• It wasn't on the table, but I like Isabelle Jane.  I don't like when a first name ends with the same sound that the middle name begins with.  To me, it makes them run together.

• Neva would pronounced Nee-va. My husband agrees that Isabelle is really popular, and he's afraid people will call her Bella. He HATES Twilight :-)

Thanks for your insight ladies!

I'm a New Year's Mama! BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Love Sylvia Lynn.  I really like Vivienne too, but it kind of rhymes with Lynn.  Can you do Vivienne with your mom's first name if you want to honor her?
  • I like Neva Lynn :)

• jelinajelina member
    I absolutely love Neva. it was my great grandma's name too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lillian Jane is gorgeous!
  • ZimgerZimger member

I love Sylvia and Jane out of your list. I've thought about Sylvia Jane before...

I think out of your combinations I like Sylvia Lynn and Lillian Jane best

Good Luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm going with the wildcard pick of Neve (pronounced nev; I don't like nee-va) Sylvia. It's still a nod to both sides of the family with a more modern feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Sylvia Lynn, Neva Lynn, and Lillian Jane (with Lillian as my favorite). I don't like the pairing of Lynn with either Isabelle or Vivienne.

• Sylvia Lynn!!! It's beautiful, classic, underused and meaningful to your family.
  • I'm not usually a fan of Sylvia, but I really like it with the middle name and your last name.

I also like Lillian Jane.  But my DD's mn is Jane, so I'm biased about this choice! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"