October 2012 Moms

Help with names...again

DH and I finally talked about names again last night. I still like Andrew, Matthew, Miles, or Dylan. DH likes James, Victor, Zander, and Vincent. It feels like we will never compromise. I actually like Vincent, but my HS boyfriend was named Vincent and although we are still friends, I think it would be weird. Any suggestions?
boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with names...again

• Hmmm, have you tried Nymbler?  I agree on the high school boyfriend name.  I wouldn't use it.  DH isn't friends with any of his exes and I would not use any of their names.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Why don't you two pick the two names you like best from each others list, write them on separate pieces of paper, put them in a hat, let your son grab one and whatever it is, is what you will name the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, I like the name Vincent but since it was an ex I would definitely stay away. could you take a name you like and a name he likes for first/middle? like Dylan James or something like that? I know its still going to be hard deciding what name to use as a first name, but just a suggestion!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I forgot to mention the middle name is decided. It will be Joseph. DS is named after DH's family as his FN is a combo of DH's grandpa, father, and brother and his MN is DH's MN as well as FIL, and DH's grandpa's MN. I feel like I compromised on DS's name and while I absolutely love it now, I wasn't so sure about it at first. I want a name that I LOVE, and I don't feel like it's too much to ask for DH to compromise for this LO. But then again, I want DH to love the name too.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedaronsmommy:
    I forgot to mention the middle name is decided. It will be Joseph. DS is named after DH's family as his FN is a combo of DH's grandpa, father, and brother and his MN is DH's MN as well as FIL, and DH's grandpa's MN. I feel like I compromised on DS's name and while I absolutely love it now, I wasn't so sure about it at first. I want a name that I LOVE, and I don't feel like it's too much to ask for DH to compromise for this LO. But then again, I want DH to love the name too.

Since DS1 is named after family members on DH's side, could DS2 be named after a family member(s) on your side?  Are there any names on your side of the family that you like?

We did that with our two boys.  DS1's first name is DH's middle name, DH's uncle (who passed away) and my father and his middle name is my grandfather (who passed away)'s name.  DS2 will be named after my cousin (who passed away) and his middle name will be a variation of DH's grandmother (who passed away in May)'s middle name. 

ETA: DH wasn't a huge fan of DS2's first name, but wanted my family to be honored this time.  I don't really like DS1's name, but I like the meaning it has to us if that makes sense.  It wouldn't have been a name I would've chosen had it not been a family name. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"