LGBT Parenting
Options

maternity photo ideas

just wondering if any of you would be willing to share your maternity photos or know of any sites with lesbian couples' pictures on it. we don't want to take too many traditional shots and we are also looking for ideas of clothing

anything helps! thanks in advance!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: maternity photo ideas

• Options

I am not as cool and do not have a link so I am going to post several pics here. We did a lot of traditional including hands into heart in front of belly but these are a few of our favorite pics. It made me tear up a bit looking through these since Wednesday (the 4th) marks 2 years since we took them, I was 37 weeks...

While this last one is not a fave of mine it was kind of cute since it was from a different angle.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my wife and I are professional photographers

as far as style goes you just need to figure out if you want a more traditional (portrait)  look or more photo journalistic style.

We are all for documenting and capturing that way and trying to move people out from the stand there and smile. We like to just capture a day in the life of our subjects so its documentary style with minor traditional hints.  This may not work for you so first you need to decide what you you want and then add your flair to it ... 

as far as clothing again its up to you some people like to be super matchy matchy ... we just recommend wearing something you  FEEL GOOD IN and comfortable in  ( its amazing how this really makes a diff  in the pictures outcome) and color options that compliment each other.  We recommend that our clients stay away from super busy prints. 

Lastly , make sure you find a photographer you are comfortable with because this also has a huge influence on the outcome of the photos as far as I am concerned. 

Cant wait to see - good luck...

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Here is the link to some of ours--the photographer chose these for the blog and they're not even my favorite, but they are what I have to show you! 

https://renderphotography.blogspot.com/2012/03/michellelauren-expecting-boy.html

We also took pictures with the baby blocks with Luke's name on them, which are probably our favorite...but since we didn't share his name before he was born, she couldn't put any of those up. That's just one prop idea!  I've seen lots with baby shoes, which I think are cute. 

I also really love pics we simply took of ourselves in his nursery before he was born. If you are going "on location" some pics at your home might be nice:)  

Have fun!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"