Infertility

Coming out of hiding and re-introducing myself

i have been off all the boards for awhile and taking a much needed break from all things IF related, and i have to say it was aweome not to think about it anymore, not that it wasn't still in the back of my mind but i was so depressed after 20 cycles of trying , failed clomid cycles, and iui's that i needed a break  for my sake and my relationship. Relationship is finally back to being good, hope getting back on the trying boat doesn't make us miserable again!

So i am back now, since my SO has agreed to finally go ahead with IVF in Aug. He had a very hard time accepting that is the only way to have a child at this point.

I just turned 40 in June, so i know it's a long shot but i plan to do the multi-cycle program, so i am pre-paired for it to take more then one shot.

one question for now, if i start the process in Aug, does that mean i won't actually be doing the transfer til Sept? also i am OOP for everything, how much should i expect to spend on drugs, one IUI i think was around $2000 for the meds.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Coming out of hiding and re-introducing myself

• I'm sorry you have to be here but welcome.  Your retrieval date will depend on the protocol - whether they have you bcps prior and length of time and how your body responds to stims. For my meds, RE estimated $3k-5k and we were at $3k for both cycles. Good luck to you!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It will depend on your protocol.  If you don't need to use BCP's you may have ER/ET in August.  But if you do use BCP's then more likely the ER/ET will fall into September.

My meds were $3000 and I stimmed for 9 days.  If you are DOR and your RE wants to use high dosages on you, the cost will be even higher.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck!!!!   
     36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • Welcome back!

I can?t remember what your figures were from before... I seem to think they were close to mine???  My meds for IVF#1 were just over $5000.

Regarding your question about timing of transfer, during your August cycle you would be likely doing BCP or estrogen priming (unless your RE?s protocol called for a natural start).  So yes, your transfer likely wouldn?t be until September.

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI #2 = BFP; early loss

IVF/ICSI #3 (DE) = BFP; early loss

FET = BFN

IVF/ICSI #4 (DE w/ CCS) = BFP

Beta #1 @ 10dp6dt = 265; Beta #2 @ 14dp6dt = 1251. 

1st U/S @ 6w2d showed one perfect little heartbeat! 

2nd U/S @ 7w2d. HB 132 & everything measuring on track.

Our beautiful little girl arrived January 2015!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"