Multiples

Please flame me, but...

I was lurking on first tri.... Which is a huge mistake! There was a girl complaining about severe back pain. She is 11 weeks pregnant with one baby. Made me want to punch her. I am so not a mean person, I just think this bed rest thing is getting the better of me. I would gladly trade her severe back pain, for the back and front pain I'm having : /.  Oh the life of a bitter me! Rant over
BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Please flame me, but...

• No flame attack here...I'm with you! I try not to get too upset over what other people say because what we each experience is all relative anyway but I do get tired of hearing complaints about such piddly things. I was having some BH at work yesterday and a coworker (who has had one baby) said, "Well just wait until you're full term, then you'll really have something to complain about!" I wanted to punch her, too. I was quick to remind her that at 29 weeks I AM measuring the same size as a woman who is full term with one baby. Some people. Hahaha this turned into a rant of my own! Rant thread! Open for business!

On another note, I'm sorry that you're on bed rest and uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine. I don't know how you ladies on bed rest do it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had nasty back pain early on with both pregnancies.  The first time it ended in a m/c. 
  • Loading the player...
  • UGH!  I was on 8 weeks of bedrest and had people suggest to me that I got to 'take it easy' and I was lucky to get to 'relax all day'.  Yes, I wanted to punch them!  Here, lay down and let me put 3 or 4 bowling balls on your stomach and ribs and then stick a flaming torch down your throat (awful heartburn) and tell you that you may only get up to pee or shower.  YEAH...that was RELAXING!!  Kind of fun to rant. :-)
  • Oh, I went crazy on bed rest!! I feel for you!   My last month of pregnancy was torture!  Until you have a twin pregnancy, you have no idea how easy a singleton pregnancy is (for me anyway).  My first 2 singleton pregnancies were a cake walk next to the twin pregnancy.  It's also the same for someone who just had one baby.  I remember thinking I can't do anything because I just had one baby.  I have the twins now and really can't do anything!  One baby is like having none!  I could run all over town with one!  You just don't know it until you have TWINS!  haha  Feel better.

• No flames here! By the time I got to my third tri, I was laughing at any singleton mom who complained to me about how uncomfortable they were. Mean, but I didn't care. I had a baby dropped in my pelvis, and another one trying to fit her whole body inside my ribcage. 
  • every preggo is different.  Her pain management/threshold may be different as well.  I mean I have been in some serious pain compared to my singleton pregnancy but still.  For her it might be really bad.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejlefief:
    UGH!  I was on 8 weeks of bedrest and had people suggest to me that I got to 'take it easy' and I was lucky to get to 'relax all day'.  Yes, I wanted to punch them!  Here, lay down and let me put 3 or 4 bowling balls on your stomach and ribs and then stick a flaming torch down your throat (awful heartburn) and tell you that you may only get up to pee or shower.  YEAH...that was RELAXING!!  Kind of fun to rant. :-)

I will say, I do miss my uncomfortable days of lolling in bed all day right now (twins are 3.5 weeks old).  I wouldn't trade them for anything but it was nice to have that really hard/annoying bed rest in retrospect for 8 weeks.  Ah, sleep! 

• I feel your pain with bedrest.  I was on bed rest from September 15th till my girls were born on December 6th.  I was fine for a little while but then went crazy just sitting there.  I was allowed to get up to go to the bathroom and I was allowed to shower every other day (yuck).  I always got so annoyed (and still do) when people say something like oh I wish I could be on bed rest for a while.  I just think to myself, no you don't.  Well Hang in there being on bed rest.  Hope you are finding things to occupy yourself.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is miserable... And I'm glad you all don't think I'm just an mean hag too! Lol I felt so mean thinking that, but I sooo was thinking that! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageLadynikon:
    every preggo is different.  Her pain management/threshold may be different as well.  I mean I have been in some serious pain compared to my singleton pregnancy but still.  For her it might be really bad.  

I love reading your posts! You're always so nice! And OP, sending you happy thoughts - you'll be able to survive anything after this! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just wait until you get to the 3rd-tri threads about how at 36w6d they're trying to get their doc to induce because they're SOOOOO uncomfortable and are as big as a WHALE. Yeah. Uh huh. Whatever. :) 

I agree that some people have different pain threshholds and tolerances and maybe she has a pinched nerve or something else (a friend of mine already has a condition where she has bad joint and tendon pain/stretching and pregnancy hormones made her risk her hips coming out of place, etc). But for the most part? Yeah. They have a LONG way to go if they're already in that much pain at 11 w!

~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"