Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone's Baby Not in Right Position for NT Scan?

We went in for the NT scan today and try as they might, the tech and doctor couldn't get our LO to flip and get into the right position for measuring the neck. *Sigh* Everything else looked normal, but now I'll worry for 2 weeks while I wait to go back in for the second appointment.

Did anyone else go through this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)

Re: Anyone's Baby Not in Right Position for NT Scan?

• Options
    Pnut30Pnut30 member
    This did not happen to me but I remember the u/s tech telling us at the one prior to NT and right before she did the NT that this does happen.  She said if that is the case they would just bring me back in the next day or so.  Since she mentioned it twice I am assuming it is a pretty common thing to have happen. You just have a stubborn baby! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagePnut30:
    This did not happen to me but I remember the u/s tech telling us at the one prior to NT and right before she did the NT that this does happen.  She said if that is the case they would just bring me back in the next day or so.  Since she mentioned it twice I am assuming it is a pretty common thing to have happen. You just have a stubborn baby! Smile

DH was joking saying the baby takes after me!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a similar problem, only they couldn't see the nasal bone. They said it wasn't a big deal and not worry about it. Our baby is extra stubborn because we are now on attempt #3 for the anatomy scan.
  • Options

imagethebeadinglady:
    We had a similar problem, only they couldn't see the nasal bone. They said it wasn't a big deal and not worry about it. Our baby is extra stubborn because we are now on attempt #3 for the anatomy scan.

OMG, so are you still waiting to find out whether it is a boy or a girl?

• Options
    Actually yes. LOL, I just had my NT scan today as well and the same exact thing happened. Baby was on it's side and facing away from us. Couldn't see the neck fold or the nasal bone. Oh well, DH and I only opted for this test to have an u/s in the beginning of our 2nd tri. We aren't too concerned and the u/s tech did tell us there was a 50/50 chance that it wouldn't work. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options
    My nt was less than ideal positioning. But juice and movement helped. My a/s was worse!!!  I had 4!   The baby was spine up and they were unable to see the left side of the heart, up until the last one!!
  • Options
    imagenycitygirl1:

imagethebeadinglady:

OMG, so are you still waiting to find out whether it is a boy or a girl?

We are Team Green so yup, still waiting to find out sex. 

• Options
    My last three U/S all we can see is the baby's back. I am hoping the A/S the baby will be more helpful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"