Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Help me decide which stroller to pack.

I'm flying to Boston and NYC this August with DD for 2 weeks and am trying to figure out which stroller to bring. They all have pros and cons.
1) Umbrella Stroller- Pros: bought it for $3 at a rummage sale so I don't really care if something happens to it. It's small and light weight. Cons: No sunshade and no basket
2) City Mini- Pros: Giant sunshade, basket, folds easily, reclines. Cons: It was expensive and I don't want anything to happen to it during our travels.
3) Snap n' Go- Pros: big basket and uses a car seat so I would have it handy if I needed to catch a taxi. Cons: Car seat is not really secure unless it's strapped in which is a PITA and DD doesn't really like being in her infant seat for too long. 
Munchkin born 11/22/11
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Help me decide which stroller to pack.

• Options
    I personally would take the CM. Do you plan on gate checking it? You could always get one on those gate check bags to prevent scratches, dirt etc. Gate checks are usually(as in supposed to be) way more careful with the stuff because they're car seats and strollers. I only own one stroller, Britax B-Ready, and it travels with me all the time which is quite often since DH is military and we're stationed on opposite coasts from our family.
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagechulita425:
    I personally would take the CM. Do you plan on gate checking it? You could always get one on those gate check bags to prevent scratches, dirt etc. Gate checks are usually(as in supposed to be) way more careful with the stuff because they're car seats and strollers. I only own one stroller, Britax B-Ready, and it travels with me all the time which is quite often since DH is military and we're stationed on opposite coasts from our family.

I second the CM. Get a travel bag. I've never regretted flying with my "good" strollers, packed in decent stroller bags, but I have regretted taking an inadequate stroller. FWIW, I've flown with several strollers, including a Chariot and a Phil & Ted's Sport.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    City Mini & Gate Check in a Bag
  • Options
    I agree take the City Mini and gate check it! We just flew with a brand new G-Lite stroller and gate checked it (without a bag) and it was completely fine. And I was glad to have a nice stroller along for when we were out and about!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We always check our stroller with our bags because we cant be bothered with it through security. We've done a number of international flights and its never been damaged, we never even put it in a bag!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options
    I agree to bring the CM and to get the travel bag.  Gate check can be very rough on strollers and car seats still, so I'd get the appropriate bags.  I flew with my UPV 2 weeks ago and gate checked it in its travel bag and it was just fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"