October 2011 Moms
Options

WWYD?

So a fellow Marine here is selling a toddler bed for dirt cheap $20. Its made by Sorelle so I checked to see if there is a conversion kit I could buy to make it a crib but its strictly a toddler bed. The problem is LO's crib is all the way back home on the East Coast and it looks like we're staying here longer than expected so he's been sleeping in a pack and play (which I hate!!!). Also now I'm prego again so that's another thing to consider but now since I can't convert it I don't know if I should just let it pass. When do you usually switch over to a toddler bed anyways? My husband thinks we should just take it since its a good deal but I don't want to buy it and have it sitting around forever. I have to let him know today or he's going to move on to the next person who's interested.
ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If your LO has been using the pack and play up until this point, I see no reason why he can't stay in that until he's ready for the toddler bed and your new LO can have the crib.
  • Options

imageFianschneid:
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If your LO has been using the pack and play up until this point, I see no reason why he can't stay in that until he's ready for the toddler bed and your new LO can have the crib.

I should've added. He's been in the pack and play for a month only. We we're living back home thats why his crib is there.  

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We switched to the toddler bed at 15 months. I waited until he could master the stairs just in case, but we never had an issue with him leaving his room. He was climbing out of his crib all the time even with the mattress lowered so I had no reason to keep him in it.

ETA: Montessori rooms have them sleeping in a mattress directly on the floor. One Lo can walk I don't really see the difference between a toddler bed and this:

https://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2009/04/finnians-montessori-room.html

• Options
    I think I would get it. That seems like a great deal and I would be mad at myself if I let it go and had to pay more for the same thing just a short time later. When I wait too long and miss a good deal on something I want anyway it pisses me off. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerockdragon:
    I think I would get it. That seems like a great deal and I would be mad at myself if I let it go and had to pay more for the same thing just a short time later. When I wait too long and miss a good deal on something I want anyway it pisses me off. 

This.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"