Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Cookie Recipe Swap

I think we should just do a NestBump cookie recipe swap. Everybody posting their favorite recipe, along with a little description of why it's so good. Better than a real cookie swap, 'cause you don't end up with 10 dozen cookies with the walnuts you hate, or a whole plate of those "fruitcake" drops that no one but your great-aunt will ever touch, and if you really want to just cover every surface in your kitchen with the peanut butter blossoms with the little Hershey kiss in the middle, that's your prerogative.

So l am officially on board. Anyone else? I'm advocating we start a post tomorrow listing them. If anyone is interested, I'll put it up tomorrow afternoon to give enough people time to dig out their favorites.

Re: Cookie Recipe Swap

• I do not really have any recipes, but I think this is a great idea!
  • Fabulous idea!  Although I wanted to cry when I saw your reference to the peanut butter hersheys kiss cookies because they are my absolute favorite, but because of Zachary's peanut allergy I can't make them :(  Boo hoo!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sure - I'm in. ?I have an AMAZING peanut butter/snickers bar recipe that I make every year.
  • Aimee - is he allergic to other nuts? Because I've made them with almond butter before and they are still pretty fantabulous. I've heard soy butter is good too, but that was from a shifty-eyed vegan who I don't necessarily take culinary advice from.
  • imagehs & js baby #1:
    Sure - I'm in.  I have an AMAZING peanut butter/snickers bar recipe that I make every year.

Whaaaaa!!!! You guys have to stop with the peanut butter recipes - I can't take it!

• imageLoriFalce:
    Aimee - is he allergic to other nuts? Because I've made them with almond butter before and they are still pretty fantabulous. I've heard soy butter is good too, but that was from a shifty-eyed vegan who I don't necessarily take culinary advice from.

Unfortunately, the allergist is having us avoid all nuts until further notice.  I think one of my friends has made them with a shortbread cookie before, so I might try that in order to get my fix.

• Aimee, random question... how did you find out your bb has a peanut allergy? Just curious since it's not like I am feeding bg nuts at this age so I wouldn't know.??
  • imageseawatch06:
    Aimee, random question... how did you find out your bb has a peanut allergy? Just curious since it's not like I am feeding bg nuts at this age so I wouldn't know.

He is also allergic to milk.  He had a reaction to some Gerber snacks a few weeks ago so his pedi did a blood test for food allergies, which detected the peanut allergy.  We saw the allergist last week and he said it was actually kind of lucky that he reacted to the milk, because if he happened to be exposed to peanuts later on, it would have been a much worse reaction. 

• I'm in on the cookie exchange, I love to bake!

Aimee - I'm so sorry to hear about DS's allergy, but so glad they caught it early!

• I'm in too. I have orginized a real  cookie exchange at work ( so far 16 people are signed up and I'm stoked!), but I'd love more recipes. 

• Sounds good to me! I'm in!

Plus I just tried a delicious cranberry white chocolate chip cookie recipe that I blogged about.. so it's already typed up and ready to post. And they were soooooo good :)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Oh, I just had some yummy cranberry white chocolate cookies this week! I can't wait for that recipe!

• Just bumping this up so the morning girls can see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"