October 2011 Moms
Options

Crap! Hand, foot & mouth...

Dang it!  I rethought staying home would help DD not get stuff like this!  I think she got it at church last week- DH was in there with her and she was playing with some toys, and he almost stop and wiped it with a Clorox wipe, but then we thought, "no, that's just being over protective." Thankfully she hasn't had the fever or painful mouth sores, but she has these awful bumps on her hands and feet, and one on her lip.  And I have to call my sister (she played with my niece the last 2 days) and the church nursery workers to explain what happened.  I feel awful, but they are most contagious during the fever stage, and she never had one!  I really hope she doesn't get anyone else sick!  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crap! Hand, foot & mouth...

• Options

I'm sorry your LO is sick. My LO had this and it didn't bother him for very long. Just a couple days. I took him to the Dr at first to verify the rash wasn't something else and my Dr wouldn't say what it was called. She wrote it down for me to read. I found this very funny/odd. I said "Oh, the coxsackie virus, I have seen that plenty" She said it was such a strange name she thought I might not believe herTongue Tied If I didn't believe her, I would find a different Dr.

Anyway, I hope your LO has a mild case and is better very soon.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was going around the daycare and Darcy got it but all she had were a few blisters on her arms and legs and one near her mouth. The pediatrician said that as long as she didn't have a fever not to worry about it and the only precaution that we had to take was avoiding acidic food while she still had the blisters. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    btsrc5btsrc5 member

awww I am sorry.  Hopefully it will just get better from here.

It was going around DD's daycare a couple weeks ago.. but she somehow managed not to get it thankfully. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

No good. I'm sorry you both have to deal with this.

DD missed it the first time it went around daycare since she wasn't mobile (meaning she didn't have a lot of contact with the other babies and the things they put in their mouths). I have a feeling she'll get it next time, though.

Hope you're both feeling better soon.

• Options
    This was the last straw for us at daycare before we pulled him out (he picked up EVERYTHING there).  I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  We thought Edison was teething before we took him to the Doctor's.  He had sores in his mouth, he was so fussy about it.  It's tough, but it doesn't last too long.  We didn't do any medicine for it - just let it run it's course.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageRoxRing:
    This was the last straw for us at daycare before we pulled him out (he picked up EVERYTHING there).  I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  We thought Edison was teething before we took him to the Doctor's.  He had sores in his mouth, he was so fussy about it.  It's tough, but it doesn't last too long.  We didn't do any medicine for it - just let it run it's course.

I rather my LO get viruses from day care now when she doesn't remember things rather than in elementary school when she'll remember it, and miss an important test or something like that. My friends child got it at 8 years of age and he had to walk around with those painful blisters on his feet to go to the bathroom all week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"