October 2011 Moms

Impetigo

Once again sorry I haven't posted much this week - end of the quarter and we are crunching (by we I mean *I* LOL) to get everything in that we possibly can to maximize our bonus!

Anyway, had to share....my 2.5yo son broke out in a rash on his bottom after we went swimming last weekend.  Instead of getting better each day, it got progressively worse.  Finally Wednesday morning, after waking up with the rash twice as bad as the previous day and with blisters, I had MH take him to the doc.  Impetigo.  Oh yay, a highly contagious rash.  It doesn't seem to bother him except when we have to clean it (three times a day) and it's starting to look better.  Poor guy :(  We're doing everything we can to avoid spreading it to the girls!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Impetigo

• Poor little guy! Hope his booty heals fast and the girls don't get it! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Poor baby! I hope it gets better quickly and the girls won't get it.

Forgive me my ignorance, but what is that exactly. I am too lazy to google. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • kagl08kagl08 member
    My DD has a form of this on her face. Her dr says its a staph infection. It looks so similar but is contained to the size of a nickel. We've been battling it for 3 weeks! 1st with an Rx cream, then high dose antibiotics with the cream and now just cream only. It's seeming to get better but it's such a slow process! Good news is we haven't spread it to DS yet. Dr said, no sharing towels, wash hands and wash her hands. No baths together either. Hope he gets better soon!!
  • That looks so painful!  Sorry baby!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Poor little guy. I hope the girls don't get it and that he's feeling better soon.
  • imagekagl08:
    My DD has a form of this on her face. Her dr says its a staph infection. It looks so similar but is contained to the size of a nickel. We've been battling it for 3 weeks! 1st with an Rx cream, then high dose antibiotics with the cream and now just cream only. It's seeming to get better but it's such a slow process! Good news is we haven't spread it to DS yet. Dr said, no sharing towels, wash hands and wash her hands. No baths together either. Hope he gets better soon!!

3 weeks?!?  Ugh....we are using the Rx cream, like souped up Neosporin I guess?  He doesn't have the blisters any more, just the open sores that are starting to scab over.  He's really sensitive with cheap diapers so I thought this was just a result of swim diaper + chlorine, really thought it was just a little chemical rash at first.

Nita, it is either staph or strep infection of the skin.  I didn't know before either!  If you google it, they show very extreme examples and the photos are beyond gross!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ouch!  Poor baby, hope he feels better. 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"