Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How can you love another DC as much?

My DH and I have been talking about when we want to get pg with number two. However, I am so concerned that I won't be able to love another DC as much as I love my son. Do you have that fear? How did you overcome it? Was it time and the pregnancy and all the feelings (kick, rolls, ect?). TIA!

Re: How can you love another DC as much?

• The best way I can describe it is to say that as much as you love your first child, you love the next just as much so that your heart is so full of love you honestly think it could explode.  It is such an amazing feeling...there just aren't enough words to describe it.
  • I've talked to a few of my friends about this, who have 2+ kids. They all said they had the same fear but once that baby was born, the love just doubles, triples, quadruples! They said they never imagined they could have so much love in them but it's just there and it's easy and love for the other child does not diminish at all, if anything it grows even more and you just have so much more to love.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Loading the player...
  • I really thought the same thing. Then I had DD. Just like the love for your DC now grows every second, it does the same x 2 now. It so hard to explain, I think you just have to live it. Also, the time being pregnant gives you that time you need to adjust and  bond with your unborn baby and you already have that love when they're born. 
  • I only have one right now, but I think this is a common fear of just about every mom. I honestly cannot imagine loving anything as much as I love DS, but every mom of 2 or more that I've ever known says you will. My mom says your heart just keeps building on additions everytime you have another baby, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Because you don't possess a finite amount of love. 

My sister has four and says the love multiplies, but the anxiety doesn't.

• imageTess12:

Because you don't possess a finite amount of love. 

The anxiety does not multiply?? Oh thank God!!! LOL ;)

This post is making me want to get PG again.. darn it! ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • imagebim38106:
    imageTess12:

Because you don't possess a finite amount of love. 

The anxiety does not multiply?? Oh thank God!!! LOL ;)

This post is making me want to get PG again.. darn it! ;)

lol.  Yes, that what she says, anyway.  I

was saying that I didn't think I could have another because of the worry of those first few months and she said, "some things multiply, like love, but the anxiety definitely lessens."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"